Stoke -V- Wednesday OMDT

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Not the worst result in the world. Not many teams will beat Stoke between now and the end of the season. Always thought Bristol City would get something at the Laneabau today as they were never going to do us a favour. Personally I think West Brom might yet sneak in the Top 2? As for us nothing's changed we still have to beat the teams around us to stand a chance of the play-offs and things will fluctuate after each round of fixtures. I still think we'll go close if not actually get in the Top 6?

True. We got the remember we are the outsiders for the playoffs and basically can not afford to lose these games against the teams that are not playing for anything while winning those 6 pointers against the other playoff contenders. 

Plus at least Preston lost! 

Of course it’s disapponting when we don’t win, but we’re 3 points off the play-offs and just kept a clean sheet away to a team who were in the PL last season. It’s doubtful we’ll make the play-offs but the fact we’re in the picture just shows how far we’ve come in a short space of time. I feel pretty confident that Bruce will have us there or thereabouts next season

5 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Clean sheet, and a point away to Stoke. I think we should count ourselves satisfied with that. Still unbeaten under Bruce and still in the run... anyone can trip up, and we've yet to face many of those above us too.

Watched the game today and it was honestly a point gained rather than two lost. Stoke were better than us in the second half and westy and the defence kept us in the game, it would have been a bit of a smash and grab if we had won it, although that goal looked onside.

The biggest disappointment for me today was the lack of pressure. Before the break, the players were pressuring the defenders from the off, especially against teams who like to play out from the back. This caused teams to make a lot of mistakes. Today we had none of that, the odd player tried it but others didn't follow.

The players should be full of running with the 2 weeks off, why change something that was clearly working, just watch Leeds, they did it the entire game.

Edited by agentwalker

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

The biggest disappointment for me today was the lack of pressure. Before the break, the players were pressuring the defenders from the off, especially against teams who like to play out from the back. This caused teams to make a lot of mistakes. Today we had none of that, the odd player tried it but others didn't follow.

We lacked that bit of pace? presumably that bit that was injured in the warm up?

7 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

That didn’t help and losing the in form fletcher 

Maybe we lost the momentum by starting fessie and hoops in particular, would either have been better coming on later after nuhiu and winnall had put in the horsework as both must be match fitter.

4 minutes ago, Nut said:

No way. Beat Villa and Forset and we'll be right back in it. There's still 21 points to play for. 

absolutely knee jerk decisions about 

tbh i thought we'd beat stoke  

pick up some wins it's still possible