Stoke -V- Wednesday OMDT

Recent form points to the tightest of tight games.

Can we keep em out and nick a goal on 80 minutes? What a result a stolen win would be, especially with our main man Fletcher out, who has been so key to our entire game plan under SB.

Fingers tightly crossed for a one-nil. Got a feeling Reach will be the threat.

I assume Nuhiu and Winnall will start. Great to know that Bruce has FF, Joao and Hooper to play 15-30 minutes too. Wonderful timing to have them back in contention. Need a fully repaired Fletcher back for Villa now.

• Like 1

Stout fellow. Sterling work as ever. I'm looking forward to this one - as I always do, but orders of magnitude more so since Sir Brucey showed up - and I'm quietly confident that, whatever the result ends up being, we'll give a darn good account of ourselves. There's a real source of pride in being able to say that wholeheartedly, after a long patchy spell where it wasn't always true (despite no lack of general huff and puff from the players, it should be said). Enjoying it greatly at the moment.

Also: it's been an emotional week for me, and I've had it *vastly* improved by wonderful, real human connections and shows of love and support from all kinds of people, from all kinds of backgrounds, all kinds of places, and all walks of life. It's given me a very timely renewed sense of joy and appreciation for ALL OF THEM, and I guess I'm mentioning it here, off-topic, because I've always believed we're that sort of group on the whole.

It's really given me pause. Moreover, it's given me an even sharper distaste for the foolish and backward notion of *more* division and *more* segregation between the good, honest, forward-thinking majority that we currently share this tiny insignificant space rock with, at this very brief and confusing moment in time, through pure happenstance.

If that notion offends you then I'm truly sorry for you, but you're peeing into the wind. People are good. Places other than here are good. Our place is good, too, sure - but it's not better, it's the same. Any apparent differences are largely superficial, and increasingly meaningless as we move forward.

(Big red button for the angry mob right there ↓. Treat yourself! Doesn't matter!)

Lots of love all, UTO, 1-2 victory for THE WEDNESDAY will do nicely.

• Like 2

Going for haircut this Morning, hope to meet the sort of human beings you allude to, hate it when it's a bad hair day,

shouldn't bother me really, I'm over 60, walking around with a misshaped head, done it before, do it again.

Edited by daleblue
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Going for haircut this Morning, hope to meet the sort of human beings you allude to, hate it when it's a bad hair day,

shouldn't bother me really, I'm over 60, walking around with a misshaped head, done it before, do it again.

Good luck with the ear-lowering! And if it's a rotter, well who cares - only head-fuzz, innit. Enjoy your weekend! :Sid:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I'm hoping and thinking we will win but the teams above us have very winnable matches and should also win. As long as we are within points difference of the playoffs it doesn't matter what position we are in. We need to keep battering the goals in to improve our GD which is the worst of the chasing bunch. 

Hopefully one of the teams above us will fall away each week and leave us climbing the table slowly. 

Just scrape sixth spot on last day of season with a 6-0 win against QPR. Packed Hillsborough.What a day that will be.

Usual squeaky bum time for being a Wednesdayite.

lol We can do it with this man in control

CHAAAARRRGGGGE. 

It's quite feasible that Bristol and Boro will drop points today, so if (big if!) we do our bit and win we could actually go level on points with Boro which would have been unthinkable just a few weeks ago. 

It'll be the Wednesday Way to go into the final day with a top 6 place and then slip up at home to QPR! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Quality omdt as per. Swiz international :laugh: and maybe a Methusela to dust off. Blimey.Let's hope her ladyship doesn't pop her cork.

Just had £7.38 on us to win at 5/2. That rounds my account down nicely to £40. Watch us bloody win & make it a random figure again!

Studying the table, like yer do, I believe Boro can end up 9th today, and we can be 6th. Want Pigs to draw, holds them & Bristol up & Roth to park the bus at Derby. Here's to a good day all round.

Car will be leaving very soon after noon. UTO.

• Like 2

Saturday 30th March

Aston Villa   V  Blackburn Rovers
               Derby County    V  Rotherham United
 Ipswich Town   V  Hull City
Leeds United    V   Millwall
  Nottingham Forest    V   Swansea City
     Queens Park Rangers  V   Bolton Wanderers
                           Reading Preston North End
    Sheffield United  V   Bristol City
              Stoke City   V   Wednesday
   Wigan Athletic   V   Brentford
        Middlesbrough   V   Norwich City

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Saturday 30th March

Aston Villa   V  Blackburn Rovers
               Derby County    V  Rotherham United
 Ipswich Town   V  Hull City
Leeds United    V   Millwall
  Nottingham Forest    V   Swansea City
     Queens Park Rangers  V   Bolton Wanderers
                           Reading Preston North End
    Sheffield United  V   Bristol City
              Stoke City   V   Wednesday
   Wigan Athletic   V   Brentford
        Middlesbrough   V   Norwich City

Interesting , but all those matches could end up as draws, home wins or away wins, will let you know at 5.00pm. Owls to win 0-2 today, Big Dave will trample all over that tw@  Shawcross to bundle the ball in from less than a yard and we will be given a penalty when the “other lump “in central defence clatters FF in the area after he’s skipped round two of their other clowns! QED.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Quality omdt as per. Swiz international :laugh: and maybe a Methusela to dust off. Blimey.Let's hope her ladyship doesn't pop her cork.

Just had £7.38 on us to win at 5/2. That rounds my account down nicely to £40. Watch us bloody win & make it a random figure again!

Studying the table, like yer do, I believe Boro can end up 9th today, and we can be 6th. Want Pigs to draw, holds them & Bristol up & Roth to park the bus at Derby. Here's to a good day all round.

Car will be leaving very soon after noon. UTO.

No signs of OCD there then....mind you I can talk...I always stack my small change according to coin girth, £2 on the bottom 5p’s at the top....I know, I know!

• Like 1