A Good Watch

Its simply what Wednesday are to most fans....

We have very few "Glory hunters"...Cos the "Glory" is a bit sparse anyhow I suppose.....

I'm a bit of a dinosaur I admit...But stories like this one, to me, are what the club is about...I'd love the cups, the promotions, the joy of it all, don't get me wrong.

Its something we need to keep, the love of the institution, the history, the daft parochiality of it all.

It sounds like simpering tat when I read what ive posted, but its not..The Club means something...

Like what Vic and her family said...The simple escape from a working week, or the rent, mortgage..family problems, illness or whatever...

Ive said before...I'm not a football fan...I'm a Wednesday fan...I would sooner sit on Penistone at a turnstile and sniff the bricks..then watch any other club play football..

Admittedly...It makes me rather simple....but it is what it is

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its simply what Wednesday are to most fans....

We have very few "Glory hunters"...Cos the "Glory" is a bit sparse anyhow I suppose.....

I'm a bit of a dinosaur I admit...But stories like this one, to me, are what the club is about...I'd love the cups, the promotions, the joy of it all, don't get me wrong.

Its something we need to keep, the love of the institution, the history, the daft parochiality of it all.

It sounds like simpering tat when I read what ive posted, but its not..The Club means something...

Like what Vic and her family said...The simple escape from a working week, or the rent, mortgage..family problems, illness or whatever...

Ive said before...I'm not a football fan...I'm a Wednesday fan...I would sooner sit on Penistone at a turnstile and sniff the bricks..then watch any other club play football..

Admittedly...It makes me rather simple....but it is what it is

So well written - I’m with you with every word of that !!

• Like 1

That’s a great story and some cracking views of the ground and area on there.....we should show that to perspective signings, apart from failing to be moved by the story they’d think they are signing for a club in one of the most affluent areas of the Country!

• Like 1

What a heart warming story that epitimises the Wednesday family, once an Owl always an Owl. I had a triple heart bypass in 2007 and on my return to Hillsborough when i was recovering i had a dedication in the programme and loads of well wishes. I must say this lifted my spirits and helped me recover. Sheffield Wednesday is not just football for 90 minutes it's a way of life and has been a part of mine since my first match when i was 5 years old in 1958 when my dad used to pass me over the turnstiles, i do remember then when the pigs and Owls used to stand together at the derby matches and no trouble. I've seen good times and bad times but will always be Wednesday till i die.WAWAWlol    

• Like 2