Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Did we sell out last season ? Not so sure 

 

No we didn't but we were in bottom part so must have been over 2,000. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

No trains back after the game so I doubt it will.

You don’t think Norwich will sell out on a bank holiday weekend?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

You don’t think Norwich will sell out on a bank holiday weekend?

 

Allocation is only 2,000, even though on sky I still think we'll sell out with majority of fans staying overnight in Norwich or like us Great Yarmouth. 

 

Last train from Norwich to Yarmouth is 23.00 so makes sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we haven't sold leeds out for years, always makes it to general sale and a few left over too.

  • Disagree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bradowl said:

 

No we didn't but we were in bottom part so must have been over 2,000. 

Yes I was in lower last season , covered in snow at one point !! Worth it though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ToastFeatures said:

we haven't sold leeds out for years, always makes it to general sale and a few left over too.

I'm sure we did a couple of seasons since.

Prior to the "Kirkland incident" we always did, seems the fear of bother put alot off.

Being on Sky didn't help either, but fear was the main reason.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

I'm sure we did a couple of seasons since.

Prior to the "Kirkland incident" we always did, seems the fear of bother put alot off.

Being on Sky didn't help either, but fear was the main reason.

 

The main reason was /is the ticket prices they charged more than we do imagine that !!!

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, owls about that said:

We did, cos L**ds fans were singing "first time you've sold it out" they seem to forget that time we won 3-2

when we sold all behind the goal and the triangle bit in the corner, but then again they were only

getting 17 to 18,000 themselves until last couple of seasons. but they seem to forget those times 

 

correct, that season when we played them at home & they didn't even fill the upper tier 

 

whenever I bring it up they just deny it

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mardy Bum said:

When Rhodes missed the pen, nah even I went to that and don't think we sold out 

 

sounds like a weird agenda you have here?

 

I also went & we did sell out.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why so interested in Leeds selling out if it does so be it. Can't see what price has to do with it. Actually cheaper than Norwich when you factor in the fuel costs etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

Why so interested in Leeds selling out if it does so be it. Can't see what price has to do with it. Actually cheaper than Norwich when you factor in the fuel costs etc.

This has been the argument but it’s a fact quite a few fans don’t want to go to Elland Road and the cost has been the reason , ( or so they say ) yes it’s cheaper than Norwich for example but there’s no real hatred with Norwich . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

This has been the argument but it’s a fact quite a few fans don’t want to go to Elland Road and the cost has been the reason , ( or so they say ) yes it’s cheaper than Norwich for example but there’s no real hatred with Norwich . 

Can't believe people are put off by reputaions. Like anywhere keep your head down and no issues. If people don't want to go just say. Some seem to have to have a reason or make one up. I chose Leeds over Norwich because of extra costs etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/03/2019 at 18:06, Mardy Bum said:

When Rhodes missed the pen, nah even I went to that and don't think we sold out 

100% Did sell out as I wanted to go to that but couldn’t get a ticket.

 

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've no wish yo set foot inside that hole , even though my jabs are up to date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Leeds is nearly sold out. Only restricted view left with over a week left.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes just 100 restricted view tickets left

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the Kirkland incident, was a 'campaign' on here, twitter etc, to not give Leeds the £. That, plus price, TV, dirty Leeds, meant we've taken more to London and Wales on a Tuesday night than 35miles up the road on a weekend. Anyone with half a brain can see that obviously somethings not right. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

After the Kirkland incident, was a 'campaign' on here, twitter etc, to not give Leeds the £. That, plus price, TV, dirty Leeds, meant we've taken more to London and Wales on a Tuesday night than 35miles up the road on a weekend. Anyone with half a brain can see that obviously somethings not right. 

 

We were taking poor followings up there prior to Kirkland incident. More to do with price of tickets me thinks. They've been expensive for years and majority of games have been on sky which hasn't helped. 

 

When we're having 1,300 fans at Millwall on a Tuesday night a few hundred of these are London owls or fans that live down south. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bradowl said:

 

We were taking poor followings up there prior to Kirkland incident. More to do with price of tickets me thinks. They've been expensive for years and majority of games have been on sky which hasn't helped. 

 

When we're having 1,300 fans at Millwall on a Tuesday night a few hundred of these are London owls or fans that live down south. 

We weren't taking poor followings prior to the Kirkland incident, always sold out as far as I remember (although sometimes they only gave us that shitty little corner).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

We weren't taking poor followings prior to the Kirkland incident, always sold out as far as I remember (although sometimes they only gave us that shitty little corner).

 

Yep, always sold out. Prior to the Kirkland incident the last time we met was 06/07 when Brunt scored from half way. We had 5000 there, all the south stand and the corner. Total attendance was about 24,000, so less than 20,000 home fans. 

 

Theyre all out of the woodwork now 

Edited by Castleford Owl
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...