Stoke Roll call

1 minute ago, Watto said:

So far there's only me and 2 mates going on the train, was expensive although with rail card it cost £20 return via Stockport 

We've got a railcard and it's £14.95 going via Derby (splitting tickets with day returns Shef-Derby and Derby-Stoke) .  Only drawback is that races are on at Uttoxeter so the Derby-Stoke train will be rammed but it'll only be for about the first 20 minutes. Also if we don't get back to station by 5:33pm we have to endure the horror of an extra hour in Stoke!

6 minutes ago, alanharper said:

We've got a railcard and it's £14.95 going via Derby (splitting tickets with day returns Shef-Derby and Derby-Stoke) .  Only drawback is that races are on at Uttoxeter so the Derby-Stoke train will be rammed but it'll only be for about the first 20 minutes. Also if we don't get back to station by 5:33pm we have to endure the horror of an extra hour in Stoke!

I used split your tickets aswell and it gave me the Stockport change as the cheapest ! 

46 minutes ago, Watto said:

I used split your tickets aswell and it gave me the Stockport change as the cheapest ! 

Maybe it depends what time you select, think the Derby-Stoke trains are only 1 per hour.  I never use the ticket splitting website when it's a fairly straightforward journey, it does seem to miss options off,  I just plan the trip on the regular National Rail site and then see how much cheaper it'd be to split the tickets somewhere in the middle

11 hours ago, Cheshowl said:

Closer than a home match for me so it’s an easy one. What boozers are people going? 

For those on the train like myself it looks like The terrace and the Verve /venue both on Leek road , 5 mins from station.