Stoke Roll call

How's everyone getting there ? Drinking etc.

Me and 2 mates going on the 10.10 train changing at Stockport.

Not been by train before , have read online that the plod send you to designated pubs close by , then there is a shuttle bus to the ground if you require it.

Lived in stoke for just over three years, best boozers for away fans is either The Terrace or The Verve/Venue bar (owner by Staffs uni) on Leek road both within 5 mins walking distance.  The local Weatherspoons in Stoke town is mainly a home pub only I believe, which is shame as only a quick walk from the station. 

Closer to the stadium is a Power League, which they used to (not 100% if still do) accommodate for both home and away fans and is a 5 min walk from the away end.

If you’ve got a bit of time could always head into Newcastle Under Lyme (10mins by taxi) or Hanley (5mins in a taxi), local taxi firm number: 01782613456.  

Shuttle bus from the station to stadium is a £4 return.  

Edited by Olly1996
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Olly1996 said:

Lived in stoke for just over three years, best boozers for away fans is either The Terrace or The Verve/Venue bar (owner by Staffs uni) on Leek road both within 5 mins walking distance.  The local Weatherspoons in Stoke town is mainly a home pub only I believe, which is shame as only a quick walk from the station. 

Closer to the stadium is a Power League, which they used to (not 100% if still do) accommodate for both home and away fans and is a 5 min walk from the away end.

If you’ve got a bit of time could always head into Newcastle Under Lyme (10mins by taxi) or Hanley (5mins in a taxi), local taxi firm number: 01782613456.  

Where's the best place to park near the ground pal? 

3 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I've got my seat booked , left hand side of sofa . Newkie browns in the fridge,  Owlstalk at the ready and Jeff and the boys on Sky. 

Happy Days 

Good effort... How many loyalty points for that arrangement? Probably be snowed in anyway if youre in Stocksbridge! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Olly1996 said:

So there you have it ....

Helmut Rooster 

Entrepreneurial Pub Landlord 

Taxi Proprieter

Or Bus Company owner ..

Answers in a stamped

Addressed  envelope to  .........

:Sid:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4