Sheffield: A Footballing City Underperforming

Always has been, always will be even if the best side on the planet are playing in the Prem next season nothing will probably ever change in this city, footballing wise?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

5 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Could say same about Birmingham under performing.

Since turn of the century clubs that are based in and around London have had a big advantage over other clubs really.

Only mega big clubs like Man U and Liverpool or ones backed by an oil rich royal family like Man City can compete.

Really?.......other than Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham who exactly do you class as having an advantage because they are based in London......Chelsea could easily fall in to the mega rich owner category rather than London, Tottenham have won bugger all and Arsenal are the weakest of the so called big 6

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

Really?.......other than Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham who exactly do you class as having an advantage because they are based in London......Chelsea could easily fall in to the mega rich owner category rather than London, Tottenham have won bugger all and Arsenal are the weakest of the so called big 6

Clubs like West Ham, Watford, Fulham, Brighton, Bournemouth, Palace are all in the Premier League and would say all have an advantage with being in the South East where its easier for the mega rich owners to get to the clubs and where players are much more likely to want to live when you buy them.

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Clubs like West Ham, Watford, Fulham, Brighton, Bournemouth, Palace are all in the Premier League and would say all have an advantage with being in the South East where its easier for the mega rich owners to get to the clubs and where players are much more likely to want to live when you buy them.

I know what you are saying but I’m not sure I agree - Fulham and Brighton got lucky with good managers, Bournemouth have an outstanding one......Palace and Watford I’d possibly agree with you and the whole West Ham story is just a shitfest,

For a club our size it's surprising how little we have feature in European football down the years. 

None of it will matter though when we beat Bayern Munich home and away to secure our place in the Champions League Final. 

:Chansiri:

3 hours ago, Ian said:

I know what you are saying but I’m not sure I agree - Fulham and Brighton got lucky with good managers, Bournemouth have an outstanding one......Palace and Watford I’d possibly agree with you and the whole West Ham story is just a shitfest,

Fulham have spent most of the last 20 years in the Premier League... as where we...

3 hours ago, Ian said:

Bournemouth did get taken over by an enormously rich billionaire who bankrolled them pre-FFP to be fair...

Fulham's owner is absolutely loaded. Watford, well what about the links they tied up with Udinese.

Birhgton have just done superb. 

Guest The Horse

Definite Blunt bias that vid.

Skips over our league titles, never mentions our long stretch in the prem, chooses random season to showcase them having a higher average attendance figure and then mentions us being in mid table with P&S issues whilst they are performing at the top despite them.

Also, funny how this was made as it looks like they're about to go up but has that 'woe is us' sentiment about it that's just dripping from every corner of the sty at the moment.

Yes, Sheffield is the forgotten football city but that video and the pig that made it can go and suck donkey wee pipe.

Edited by The Horse

If them daft sods in 1889 hadn't split from Wednesday and formed the pigs Sheffield would be a one club city with a hardcore fan base of 40,000 what a force in modern football that would be 

Guest The Horse
2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

They didn't split.  But it was a very stupid idea to form them, what's the point of them? 

There is no point to them.

Like wasps and chavs.

9 hours ago, jamsandwich said:

Is this written by a pig?

it makes no sense that this video opens with United and then go onto Wednesday

I think so, it isn't written by the usual team as far as I am aware although it is the usual narrator for them.

It's a decent watch but slightly inaccurate with some of it.

14 hours ago, Ian said:

Not that the bigger money signings have particularly worked, but do you think Fulham would have been able to sign players like Seri (who very nearly moved to Barcelona in the previous window) if Craven Cottage was somewhere in East Yorkshire, rather than the most affluent part of London?

Edited by Groundhopping Owl