U23’s today

8 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Who in your opinion will be kept on?  

Losing to nine men, I suggest none of them. Of the starters,  maybe Damba, Lee, Hunt, Shaw and Waldock

Edited by gurujuan

Ipswich have reportedly got some young players whoa re very talented. They have an history of producing footballers, with them departing the Championship I hope we have scrutinised their players to see if we can find a bargain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Ipswich have reportedly got some young players whoa re very talented. They have an history of producing footballers, with them departing the Championship I hope we have scrutinised their players to see if we can find a bargain. 

Like Norwich, they successfully recruit from London, running training camps for inner city lads of all ages Despite being in East Anglia, a large percentage of their age group sides are black/mixed race kids from places like Hackney and Lewisham

20 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Apart from being mention on the subs bench...

But seriously, usual story...effective at U18, less so at U23 not dissimilar to Hirst tbh

That's what I was getting at. On the bench yet meant to have been a hot prospect

2 hours ago, Quist said:

There is this big Ferry across the Orwell back and forth to Amsterdam it represents all that has been good about Ipswich Town.

15 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

His uncle Terry was also a footballer. Had an army of followers. Yrs.

I always felt he had a cheenk in his armour though... 

Ffs censor.... 

Edited by therac
Censored!
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Deep but not all the way in, just as much as you can handle ;-)

No, you've lost me now

I thought you were quoting some kind of home-spun zen philosophy at first, like ...

"He who knows everything until it happens knows nowt."

... profound or what? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

No, you've lost me now

I thought you were quoting some kind of home-spun zen philosophy at first, like ...

"He who knows everything until it happens knows nowt."

... profound or what? 

Its funny you should say that..home-spun zen philosophy was my major and university

16 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Like Norwich, they successfully recruit from London, running training camps for inner city lads of all ages Despite being in East Anglia, a large percentage of their age group sides are black/mixed race kids from places like Hackney and Lewisham

Something we should learn from. They are doing well at u/23 and u/18 level this season. Norwich also produce a number of good players I suspect they do something similar.

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Something we should learn from. They are doing well at u/23 and u/18 level this season. Norwich also produce a number of good players I suspect they do something similar.

They do, I have travelled up to Norwich when they have been on the train. I think they make that journey 3 times a week Can remember, us one time recruiting a group of four lads from Hackney Boys club, but only Obileye ever came near to making a breakthrough  We don’t even exploit the potential of our own inner city kids in Sheffield, can’t believe there isn’t similar potential there, than there is in other major cities Think Nathan Modest was the last Pitsmoor lad to come through our system

• Like 1