Kosovo squad.

8 hours ago, LittleG said:

Each to their own. Being English I could not imagine watching Scotland at any time, even though Palmer was playing the other night.  As for Kosovo, would you really watch them if Nuihu was playing?

Its hard enough watching him in a Wednesday shirt, always feels like a chore. 

21 hours ago, LittleG said:

Each to their own. Being English I could not imagine watching Scotland at any time, even though Palmer was playing the other night.  As for Kosovo, would you really watch them if Nuihu was playing?

Why? Sounds a bit babyish

Guest LittleG
18 minutes ago, adamnich said:

Why? Sounds a bit babyish

Grow up. Why does it sound babyish. I'm an England fan and have no interest in Scotland. You do realise how much the Scots, Welsh and Irish hate us so why would I want to watch Scotland.

23 hours ago, LittleG said:

Being English but also a football fan I would watch Scotland anyway if it was convenient, having an Owl player made it more interesting, just wish he had done better.  Being of an age where I remember Ally's Tartan Army i also find it very amusing to watch Scotland under achieve and get beat.

I assume you mean "As for Kosovo would you really watch them if Nuhiu wasn't playing"  then yes if opportunity arose, i would watch two of England's opponents in this group play. (i'm not very popular in our house as footballs always on!)

• Like 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 hour ago, LittleG said:

Grow up. Why does it sound babyish. I'm an England fan and have no interest in Scotland. You do realise how much the Scots, Welsh and Irish hate us so why would I want to watch Scotland.

Sounds more like you hate the Scots, Welsh and Irish

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LittleG said:

Yeah agree but I think what people are saying is, if a Wednesday player is involved they would probably watch, no matter which team was playing.

But as you said earlier, everybody to their own, so really don't understand why this has turned into a bit of a slanging match.

Opinions............eh !

Guest LittleG
3 hours ago, Striggy said:

Being English but also a football fan I would watch Scotland anyway if it was convenient, having an Owl player made it more interesting, just wish he had done better.  Being of an age where I remember Ally's Tartan Army i also find it very amusing to watch Scotland under achieve and get beat.

I assume you mean "As for Kosovo would you really watch them if Nuhiu wasn't playing"  then yes if opportunity arose, i would watch two of England's opponents in this group play. (i'm not very popular in our house as footballs always on!)

I admire your commitment, unfortunately for my sins I'm only interested in watching Wednesday and England. I even find it difficult to watch Premiership matches on the box. 

Guest LittleG
3 hours ago, Striggy said:

Sounds more like you hate the Scots, Welsh and Irish

I just find their hatred for the England team over powering and I suppose I've fed off that. In my younger days I was more tolerant and wanted all the home nations to do well

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, ElsecarOwl said:

Yeah agree but I think what people are saying is, if a Wednesday player is involved they would probably watch, no matter which team was playing.

But as you said earlier, everybody to their own, so really don't understand why this has turned into a bit of a slanging match.

Opinions............eh !

I agree and I can't understand the bitterness just because I've stated I've no interest in watching Scotland or Kosovo. It's more like the Spanish Inquisition!

Guest LittleG

I'm astounded by the amount of negs and negative comments I've received just because I put forward an opinion  that I have no interest in watching Scotland or Kosovo even though 2 owls players might have been involved. I welcome reasonable debate with anybody but the response here as astounded me.  I could understand it if I'd tore a strip off the club, the players, the boss, the fans or whatever but this... I'm sure some people neg just to follow the trend that others have started. Anyway I really can't understand why this has turned into something of a slanging match so have decided to call a halt and, even though I will still view, I will not be posting on Owlstalk in the future. 

2 hours ago, LittleG said:

I'm astounded by the amount of negs and negative comments I've received just because I put forward an opinion  that I have no interest in watching Scotland or Kosovo even though 2 owls players might have been involved. I welcome reasonable debate with anybody but the response here as astounded me.  I could understand it if I'd tore a strip off the club, the players, the boss, the fans or whatever but this... I'm sure some people neg just to follow the trend that others have started. Anyway I really can't understand why this has turned into something of a slanging match so have decided to call a halt and, even though I will still view, I will not be posting on Owlstalk in the future. 

Don't take it personal, this is the world of Owlstalk where negative comments tend to fuel the debates.

I'm sure a minority do it just for the spark but at the end of the day it's only opinions and red button only means disagree.

BTW typing this and watching Ireland game :Sid:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, LittleG said:

A bit sad this.  You started a discussion on a football forum by asking a question, "is any one bothered?".

And that is what it is, does not appear to be a slanging match or Spanish Inquisition, just posters responding to your question and further posts with their own views.

Should not put too much store on the red down arrow, it is not a neg.  The Up and Down arrows are like an electronic opinion poll, and you get a quick indication as to whether others agree with your point of view or disagree.  A great tool when you have time to read, but not the time or ability to answer (I am sure most of us read this at work)

I also think you got a little confused with "watching" and "supporting" two different things.  I am sure that most Owls are also football fans and enjoy watching other football.  There does seem to be some sort of boast or a need for a badge of honour from some though by claiming that only Wednesday matter or that they only care about Wednesday.  You can enjoy another game without being unfaithful.

Hope you change your mind and continue posting.

ps I don't mean you are sad or your post is sad, I mean its sad that you have decided to stop posting.  keep it up!

Edited by Striggy

22 hours ago, LittleG said:

I think the response simply answers your question; yes, people are clearly interested in whether Nuhiu is playing for Kosovo. Your flippant comment came across as disrespectful even though your later posts suggest that perhaps wan't intended when you asked it. Also, don't take it so personally, a neg is just someone saying they don't agree with what you've said.

You handled it better than other people who seem to go looking through my post history to neg me back whenever I leave a 'Disagree' on their posts anyway :Sid: