Fletcher update

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Nuhiu seems to have a problem with fans being critical of his performances regardless of how he does.

With Fletcher being out on Saturday, this is his chance for him to ram those words back down their throats and show everyone why he deserves to be a regular starter at the club.

If he doesn't take his chance, he can have no complaints if he's dropped again.

I've been banging that drum for a couple of seasons now  just as i appreciated his goals end of last season  i too have been critical of his form this season and unfortunately this coincided with a new contract so adding grist to their entrenched opinion 

Do I think we can do better  of course?  I'd love him to do well again though

one important fact about nuhiu is through most of his time here is that he's almost always been available unlike almost every other player we have 

Edited by steelowl

1 hour ago, owlZfan84 said:

Winnall and Nuhiu to start.

FF, Hooper and Joao on the bench, providing they come through the rest of this weeks training unscathed.

Its good news about the 3 coming back from injury, but not sure I would be risking them yet, should Nuhiu or Winnall himself coming back from injury - get injured or take a knock we could be looking at 1 of the 3 having to play a big chunk of the game, for me I would have Fessi and Joao on the bench both have only been out short times and have another option there be it Matias or a youngster.

If Nuhui and Winnall do ok, maybe we can then bring them on for the last 10-15 minutes for a cameo or to get a bit of match fitness.

I was a bit disappointed the club did not use the under23's game yesterday to give any of the players a game when we could have played at least 3 over 23 players and the likes of Wildsmith, Dawson, Baker, Penney or Nielson qualified automatically to be able to play, instead we just played the development squad players many of which may not be with us come the end of the season. 

I predicted a few weeks ago that Fletcher would be injured soon. He's another crock. It's absolutely no use having players who can't play more than a few games in a row without being injured. If we are to move forward then we need players who are reliable. Fletcher has a history of getting injured every few games. His actual goals per season record is extremely poor. We should never have signed him. 

Hes on 50k a week and we simply aren't getting a return on that kind rediculous outlay 

7 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

I predicted a few weeks ago that Fletcher would be injured soon. He's another crock. It's absolutely no use having players who can't play more than a few games in a row without being injured. If we are to move forward then we need players who are reliable. Fletcher has a history of getting injured every few games. His actual goals per season record is extremely poor. We should never have signed him. 

Hes on 50k a week and we simply aren't getting a return on that kind rediculous outlay 

Blah,blah,blah,£50,000 a week,blah,blah,blah.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

1 hour ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Blah,blah,blah,£50,000 a week,blah,blah,blah.

Can anyone, aside from Fletchers bank manager, actually tell us what he earns? 

Nuhiu is never injured and Reach doesn't seem to be. Palmer is shatterproof, Bannan is bulletproof. Not much of a team though.

Do you think there's a 5 a side league we could join? Then we'd only need one more player.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 25/03/2019 at 22:20, room0035 said:

See Chris Dutton comments today about Fletcher

Chris Sutton is a total HYPOCRITE! He refused to play for England B because he thought he was too good for them. Jog on you deluded fool!!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Slagging off Fletcher, who has been consistently our best player since December. Wow, just wow...

50 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

Can anyone, aside from Fletchers bank manager, actually tell us what he earns? 

Couldn't care less,none of my or any other buggers business,but this dufus insists on telling everyone at every opportunity,that we are paying him £50k a week,he's probably thinkin because we have a wage bill of £28 million,that its a player wage bill.

46 minutes ago, S26 Owl said:

Winall needs to take this opportunity 

agree with this.  He is at the top of the pecking order in terms of match sharpness (which says a lot about our injuries).  I think Bruce knows Nuhiu isn't good enough and he's just plugging a gap until the better strikers return.

The big question is will the replacement of fletcher disrupt our general rhythm or is the team playing well enough where any half decent striker will profit at the moment?