Fletcher update

3 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Not interested in a retired player airing his views, a current player laying into a fellow professional however, is a different story. 

Isn't Darren Fletcher about a hundred now not good enough to get a call up to Scotland, fellow professional is a bit strong.

overpaid never has been is nearer the mark.

1 minute ago, LaughtonOwl said:

Hate to say it, but that article reads a little like he's not going to be fit for a while. All the 'he's working hard' stuff. Nothing to suggest he's going to be ready any time soon..... really hope I'm wrong though!

Looks the exact opposite to me - justifying why he couldn't play, but then he will 'recover' to play for us.

22 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Isn't Darren Fletcher about a hundred now not good enough to get a call up to Scotland, fellow professional is a bit strong.

Darren Fletcher has 5 Premier League winners medals, and a Champions League.

Steven Fletcher has a Scottish League Cup.

25 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He still plays league football, the same league as his fellow "Pro" Stephen. 

18 minutes ago, LaughtonOwl said:

Hate to say it, but that article reads a little like he's not going to be fit for a while. All the 'he's working hard' stuff. Nothing to suggest he's going to be ready any time soon..... really hope I'm wrong though!

Crikey, that's reading between lines that aren't even there. 

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Or you could be neither.

At least not very good at either.

To be fair he was a decent player but should be careful when he speaks out

Knowing Fletcher's injury issues over the past couple of years and having a Wednesday bias I would say he made the correct decision. 

However, had it been an England striker from a random Premier League club who pulled out of the England squad but played in the domestic games before and after the international break I would probably have looked at it a bit differently.

Fletcher played a key roll in Scotland's success in the last round of international matches and judging by his comments at that time he was clearly proud to be back playing in the Scotland squad.

Having only just got back into the reckoning he took a big risk in deciding not to take part this time around, especially as Scotland had 2 very winnable games in which a striker could have laid down a marker by bagging a few goals and making the shirt their own for future internationals. As it turned out...........

6 hours ago, southportdc said:

Darren Fletcher has 5 Premier League winners medals, and a Champions League.

Steven Fletcher has a Scottish League Cup.

Fletcher was crap playing for a good team you needed to make 10 appearance to get medal, if he was that great in his prime he ended up at West Brom a team fighting relegation season in season out.

No mate an ok player nothing special, David May win 2 leage, 2 days cups, and the champions league an ok player at a great team.

stats are great aren't they.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Fletcher was crap playing for a good team you needed to make 10 appearance to get medal, if he was that great in his prime he ended up at West Brom a team fighting relegation season in season out.

No mate an ok player nothing special, David May win 2 leage, 2 days cups, and the champions league an ok player at a great team.

He was a very good player that had severe Crohns decease which nearly finished his career, think I heard him recently saying he was going to the bog about 40 times a day !

Not been the same player since IMO

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Darren Fletcher was actually a very decent player and, whilst not a star for Man U, he was an important player in the team who bossed the Premier League from 06 - 09. 

In total, he made over 220 apps for Man U. 

He also suffered a debilitating stomach illness. 

But please, by all means, continue to spout your ill-informed waffle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the monk said:

He was a very good player that had severe Crohns decease which nearly finished his career, think I heard him recently saying he was going to the bog about 40 times a day !

Not been the same player since IMO

He had ulcerative colitis, not being argumentative, two similar but very different diseases, I know cause I have UC myself. Fair play to him cause how he managed to play football while suffering from it I'll never know, poopydoo of a disease!

• Thanks 1