Randolph ahead of Westwood again!

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

Randolph as got the shirt and if he as done nowt wrong then it's understandable that he keeps it …...

Maybe so but you would have thought it would be a clean slate with a new manager following a very disappointing UEFA Nations League campaign. However, they only conceded 1 goal in their last two matches prior to today so as you say big Mick probably just went with some form of continuity of selection at the back for his first game.

As has been said, disappointed for Westwood but not too concerned from our perspective that he hasn't played.

11 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Loads of folk were gutted when he took the job and we "missed out."

The usual "anybody is better than we have now" mentality without thinking about the long term implications of diving in to make a change or taking time to make the right appointment.

Plenty on here think that I was right behind Jos because I would not jump on the get rid bandwagon. That was never the case. As I made clear at the time, I would rather drift along with him and make sure the next guy is the right one instead of just appointing another Jos clone to replace the one in situ. I was surprised and delighted with the appointment of Bruce.

At last, the powers that be at the club got the right guy. I was prepared to wait for that to happen if necessary.

• Like 1

Guest LittleG
9 hours ago, torryowl said:

Randolph as got the shirt and if he as done nowt wrong then it's understandable that he keeps it …...

Correct, he also made an excellent save today to stop an equaliser.

57 minutes ago, squonk said:

If Randolph keeps saving attempts like the header then Westwood won't get another cap 

It was a phenomenal save 

Definitely worth a chapter in the autobiography, that one:

"How I came to the rescue against Gibraltar".

:duntmatter:

• Haha 2