David Hirst article, The Times, 22nd March 2019

Anyone that’s got a bad word to say about David hirst as a Wednesday player needs to give their head a shake.

he was a magnificent player for us.

On 22/03/2019 at 18:32, vulva said:

I was at the Newcastle game. Think it was Easter Monday. Big game, both sides n trouble. They had Mirandinha playing. That goal by Hirst, for the quality, and the importance, is one of the best I’ve seen. Think we may still have gone down though, all the years merge into one. Seem to recall winning 4-1 at Coventy around the same time. May be wrong on this, but did Dean Barrick score with his first touch in professional football?

Is that the Coventry game when Franz Carr absolutely ripped em to bits or am I getting confused? 

16 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

Is that the Coventry game when Franz Carr absolutely ripped em to bits or am I getting confused? 

Barrick scored the first in the Newcastle game followed by Pearson. Mirandinha got one back then hirst scores that fantastic goal.

cov away Carr was good - 4-1 - hirst, Sheridan, worthington, Atkinson.

It's articles and memories such as this that keep me going as a football fan, in the hope that once again we will unearth another boy wonder, who will get us back to where we belong. We would have no chance of keeping hold of a David Hirst long term these days though, sadly. UTO.

On 25/03/2019 at 09:42, abdiwonderland said:

My fave player of all time, not just wednesday, but imagine how good he would have been if he wasn't a wee wee head and took his job seriously. Imagine what Man U professionalism would have done for his career. He would have gone to a different level. 

If hed met up with Robson, McGrath and Whiteside it would certainly have taken his drinking to another level!

4 hours ago, steelerian said:

It's articles and memories such as this that keep me going as a football fan, in the hope that once again we will unearth another boy wonder, who will get us back to where we belong. We would have no chance of keeping hold of a David Hirst long term these days though, sadly. UTO.

Maybe not but we would be the best part of £100m richer given today’s inflated prices. 

Edited by shandypants

On 22/03/2019 at 18:32, vulva said:

I was at the Newcastle game. Think it was Easter Monday. Big game, both sides n trouble. They had Mirandinha playing. That goal by Hirst, for the quality, and the importance, is one of the best I’ve seen. Think we may still have gone down though, all the years merge into one. Seem to recall winning 4-1 at Coventy around the same time. May be wrong on this, but did Dean Barrick score with his first touch in professional football?

Was also at that game, the goal was fantastic. We were playing in the green and white shirts?