Birmingham immediate 9 point deduction..does it affect us?

3 hours ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Maximum penalty is 12 points isn’t it?

Begs the question.... what was stopping us spending all our money in January, or at the start of the season, take the 12 point deduction this season and then have a squad capable of winning the league with no points deduction next season? 

The idiots in charge of our recruitment

4 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

No Embargo tho................. What you say to that Room0035.? 

Where in the article does it talk about us, the guy on radio Sheffield the other night I believe more of an expert than most on the issues believes we are already under a soft embargo pending what happens come the end of the season.

But if you can post the link where it says we are not under an embargo I would be happy to be corrected.

13 minutes ago, Quist said:

It is difficult to see how any future profitability will be examined, it is supposed to be over 3 years the debt was such it would have meant they would be still in breach at end of this season. 

The P&S assessments now take place every year, following submission of financial data on 1 March. That means for the current year (referred to under the rules as year 'T') clubs have 9 months of confirmed profit and loss and submit an estimate for the remaining 3 months to end of accounting year.  The year T figures are added to those of the past 2 years (T -1 and T -2).

At the start of the new season T -2 becomes T -3 and is no longer taken into account. T -1 becomes T -2 and T becomes T -1.

There's no way that B'ham have escaped from this and somehow cleared their past losses.

But I agree, a 9 point deduction that has no implications for promotion or relegation is not much of a penalty.

6 minutes ago, Colin Dobson said:

Apparently there’s an article in tomorrow’s papers stating Derby, Villa & ourselves will receive a similar deduction to Birmingham. Apologies for being the bearer of bad news.

Source? Or just the usual twitter rumour bullsheeeee-ite?

8 minutes ago, Colin Dobson said:

Apparently there’s an article in tomorrow’s papers stating Derby, Villa & ourselves will receive a similar deduction to Birmingham. Apologies for being the bearer of bad news.

If it wipes the slate clean I'd be happy with that

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 minutes ago, Minton said:

Source? Or just the usual twitter rumour bullsheeeee-ite?

Rumors about the date for the Disciplinary Commission hearing for Brum have been circulating for yonks.

Never heard anything about possible hearings for Derby, Villa & ourselves.

But IF its true it makes sense that they'd be heard at the same time to allow clubs the same number of games to react.

Somewhere along the line Championship Chairman are going to be pushing for fairer rules for clubs who don’t have premier league parachute payments to fall back on as this has the potential to affect over half of the league over the next couple of seasons or so?

3 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

If it wipes the slate clean I'd be happy with that

Minton is right, it doesn't. When it first broke, one of the local journos in Brum had read it as that's it, your punished, no further embargo or financial penalty, don't do it again (sorry no link). However, quite rightly it would appear that BCFC will still have to cut the cloth accordingly. On a BCFC forum, they seemed to think the Pederson signing wasn't a contributing factor because the signing 'technically' was all above board. Where that came from I have no idea and if true leaves us a little more vulnerable to the same treatment. There was the intimation that there failure to try and resolve some of there issues by not selling Adams contributed.

The only thing that this tells me is that we are less likely to be under embargo and more likely to be deducted points. How can you have a situation where we (or other teams) are under embargo and those that have been punished for the same accounting period are free to trade having had a potentially meaningless points deduction?

27 minutes ago, Colin Dobson said:

They waited until Brum had fallen away from the promotion race to take their points away. Can't see them doing it to 3 who are bang in it!

Think your son had told you a whopper.

Unless he means for start of next season?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Colin Dobson said:

Sorry Minton but this is a definite fact from my son who knows I’ve been Wednesday fan since 1955 & works for a National Daily.

Yet just a coupe of weeks back Gary Monk's Birmingham were complaining that they were being singled out and treated like guinea pigs.

2 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Green light for everyone to go for it.

No financial penalty. No embargo. A minimal deduction that would put no big spending club anywhere near relegation.

Precedent set now.

They've had an embargo this season and broke it, hence the 9 point deduction. Next season they will start with an embargo as well if their finances submitted this season show they are in breach again. Which will be the case. 

Edited by Minton