I bet Liam Palmer will never forget his Scotland debut

3 hours ago, bobness said:

If so, he probably regrets ever featuring for Scotland, as it's blocked his chance of playing international football for England!

lol

... or Jamaica!

I'm sure Michael Hector would've put in a good word

At least then, international breaks would give him a chance of going somewhere nice

3 hours ago, bobness said:

If so, he probably regrets ever featuring for Scotland, as it's blocked his chance of playing international football for England!

lol

Trippier must have breathed a sigh of relief when Palmer chose Scotland.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ... said:

Loving the negs from the usual suspects from what is meant to be a light hearted threat. Pathetic.

I quite like the idea of a lighthearted threat. Must try some of them on my next victims...

'I'm going to gouge out your eye with a rusty knife. I suppose you could say you'll have no eye-dea what to do next! LOLZ!'

'I'm going to tear of your limbs and beat you to death with them. It'll be a bit armless fun! Ba-dum-tssssss!'

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

In a poor side playing badly there is only so good a player can look.

For my money there were far worse showings than his out there.

I didn't see it but Palmer seems to be taking the most blame.

Jim , I know Roland Duchatelet, White reckons it will be his first and last cap.

Edited by Eightace

44 minutes ago, Eightace said:

I didn't see it but Palmer seems to be taking the most blame.

Jim , I know Roland Duchatelet, White reckons it will be his first and last cap.

They'd be better watching it back in the cold light of day,  taking the emotion out of it and assessing the left back and centre back.

I watched the game . None of the players seemed to know what they were supposed to do . No pattern of play - just hoof it forward . Palmer seemed lost in all that ,not his fault    i m o, .The whole team were bereft of ideas , skill and ability and no creativity at all . They looked as if they had never played together , which they hadn't ,and to me thats down to the manager and his coaches . Palmer ,if anything , was the best player in that back four and was better than most of that Scottish team.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Half the teams in the SPFL would give some English Championship clubs a decent game nevermind not being able to make it in League 1. 

We don’t have a large pool of players I agree but Palmer is 3rd choice and right back is arguably our weakest position. From that performance he is nowhere near good enough for international football. 

Edit: thought you meant Scottish Championship 

Edited by PeteG_1984

15 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

He was part of a Scotland defence that has conceded 3 goals to a terrible team, he was solely responsible for the 3rd goal, he contributed nothing going forward and he has taken part in the worst Scotland result in my entire lifetime.

Was he really that bad? Yes. He was diabolical and not one of them deserve to be defended.  

Solely responsible for the third goal? What testicles. 

I saw the game and Liam was not to blame for any of the goals - Perhaps the Manager should have played him Left back and the crosses from that side and passes may have been stopped at source. The commentator kept mentioning him but as far as I could see he was the better of the defenders . 

18 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Half the teams in the SPFL would give some English Championship clubs a decent game nevermind not being able to make it in League 1. 

We don’t have a large pool of players I agree but Palmer is 3rd choice and right back is arguably our weakest position. From that performance he is nowhere near good enough for international football. 

Give over mate. "Scottish Football" is the best example of an oxymoron that I can think of.

On 21/03/2019 at 20:09, dewsburyowl58 said:

I find your comments a bit confusing , so you think Palmer played terrible ,why ?   It was his first cap playing alongside defenders he had only just teamed up with , all things considered was he really that bad ? 

Yes he was tripe!! Just cos he plays for Wednesday stop trying to dress it up any other way. 

Guest Jack the Hat
On 21/03/2019 at 20:26, edinburghowl said:

He was part of a Scotland defence that has conceded 3 goals to a terrible team, he was solely responsible for the 3rd goal, he contributed nothing going forward and he has taken part in the worst Scotland result in my entire lifetime.

Was he really that bad? Yes. He was diabolical and not one of them deserve to be defended.  

Granted it's one of the worst Scottish teams ever but surely you can take consolation in England beginning to look genuine contenders. So it's not all bad.

43 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Dropped today, along with 5 others. 

Correctly so. Palmer was dreadful but he wasn’t worse than McKenna or Bain the keeper who both remain in the XI.

McKenna was arguably the worst player on the pitch, astonishing for me he has kept his place.

3 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Correctly so. Palmer was dreadful but he wasn’t worse than McKenna or Bain the keeper who both remain in the XI.

McKenna was arguably the worst player on the pitch, astonishing for me he has kept his place.

Must be the strength in depth you possess at centre-half! 

Great to see your right-back today against the mighty San Marino create less chances than Palmer did the other day as you romped to a 2-0 win against the worst international team in world football.