Crazy away support (limbs)

11 hours ago, Cowle70 said:

Ipswich away first match after relegation takes some beating. Local police expected around 1500.....6000 turned up. Happy happy days.

10 hours ago, Rogers said:

I can only remember Jemson scoring winning goals at home to Man Utd and away to Villa (header vs Sealey). 

Jog my memory

We took at least 7000 to Ipswich.

We were in the side seats where the away fans are always placed now but there were thousands packed onto their terrace behind the goal away to our right (you always see the goal to the left on the telly)

They overspilled onto the pitch and hundreds had to be led to seats further down the stand we were sat in.

I seem to remember Jemson scoring a cracker away at Ipswich but can't recall if it was a league or cup game. 

This is when the Tractor boys were a decent prem team.

12 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

I was at WHU when Jemson scored that last minute winner. Proper mental. We went in a Fiat Uno Turbo & were back in Elsecar by 8pm & got hammered! Drank a bottle of Thunderbird before kick off. Those were the days, my friends.

We thought they'd never end.

• Thanks 1

I was at that West Ham game, so am in that crowd somewhere. I went to every game home and away that season which was the only season I've ever quite managed to do that.

I think the most mental celebration in relatively recent (OK, 14!) years was James Quinn's ridiculously scrappy injury time winner at Hull which clinched a playoff place - more so than the goals in the final that actually got us promoted!