Crazy away support (limbs)

And now their ground is a soulless bowl. Got to feel for the West Ham Supporters. It’s sad to see old historic grounds being demolished and replaced with blocks of flats and clubs moving into new grounds that have no character. 

Edited by ohgoditsjames
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yes i'm pretty sure i was at that game with my dad. 

I was sat right at the back, on a railing which i never fell off and down the stairs when we scored. 

That whole season i went to a lot of away games as well as having a season ticket. 

3 hours ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Anyone at this back in the day? I was 8 and it was bedlam. Looking back now brings a tear to the eye love it!! Anybody got anymore to compare to sheer madness of winner going?

Uto

I was there. Other great celebrations I can remember from around that time were West Brom with 2 very late goals and Bristol Rovers when they played at Baths ground, think it was Francis who scored.

5 minutes ago, Cowle70 said:

Ipswich away first match after relegation takes some beating. Local police expected around 1500.....6000 turned up. Happy happy days.

How could I forget, the 4 goals at Blackburn in the Lc semi were also pretty special. (Miraculous for crutches man!)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ohgoditsjames said:

And now their ground is a soulless bowl. Got to feel for the West Ham Supporters. It’s sad to see old historic grounds being demolished and replaced with blocks of flats and clubs moving into new grounds that have no character. 

If we could do it for very little outlay,i'd snatch there hands off.

35 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

I was at WHU when Jemson scored that last minute winner. Proper mental. We went in a Fiat Uno Turbo & were back in Elsecar by 8pm & got hammered! Drank a bottle of Thunderbird before kick off. Those were the days, my friends.

I can only remember Jemson scoring winning goals at home to Man Utd and away to Villa (header vs Sealey). 

Jog my memory

4 hours ago, ohgoditsjames said:

Not just the ground it’s the whole community  around there, last time I went to Upton Park , West Ham fan on tube said cheers for coming lads don’t see any white people roung here now! 

2 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

Always one of the best away days, used to go in the CIU club just round the corner, 

I was at that game, remember a red fairground type dart . flying just past my eyes and sticking in the shoulder of a bloke just in front of me,Oh the good old days !

'kin 'ell dude. Do you know if he's still got it. I've been trying to find out where it landed for ages :Sid:. 'sno good trying to play 501 with only two arrers FFS

• Haha 1

Yes! I was at this game, a great ending to it. Also was in there for the FA Cup 5th round replay in 1987 which we also won. You could only see the crossbar but not the rest of the goal it seemed. Terrible view but Wednesday were mint in yellow with all our top boys  playing out there in front of us. Remember going for a curry near the ground before the game, beer, curry then a classic away win! Went mental when Jemmo scored,  yet another great win in a season where we routinely almost expected them. Just a couple of wins off being League Champions. Just the pigs double, the 1-6 and the 1-7 stopped us.....

West Ham away... the lights, the cigarette smoke, the faces on the terraces packed in, the crackle of the atmosphere, the fear of not getting out alive (FA Cup 1987). So miss it all, it was magic.

54 minutes ago, Rogers said:

I can only remember Jemson scoring winning goals at home to Man Utd and away to Villa (header vs Sealey). 

Jog my memory

It’s in the video up the thread. On match of the day that night, the commentator said ‘the last kick of the ball in November was Jemson scoring at Upton Park’ because the goal was so late in the game! 

• Thanks 1