Winnall glad to be back

8 minutes ago, 1867_OWL said:

I really liked his partnership alongside Rhodes I thought at the time these 2 are going to run wild but sadly no service!!! This has been an underlying problem for some time?

Yes and I agree, I think we would be acting too hastily looking to get rid of either Rhodes or Winnall. 

We now play completely differently with some strength, pace and width and if these two got some confidence they could be extremely effective under Bruce. 

1 hour ago, 1867_OWL said:

I really liked his partnership alongside Rhodes I thought at the time these 2 are going to run wild but sadly no service!!! This has been an underlying problem for some time?

That Birmingham game when they both scored was brilliant. 

For the money Winnall was a steal he and Rhodes both have the right attitude and are proven goal scorers in this league.

If we don't pull off a miracle this season then roll on next season under Bruce with some pace on the wings a tank in midfield I'd like to see someone of Kieran Lee's ability just a bit stronger on the ball.

If it was possible get Hector in either on a season long loan or if funds available look to buy but I imagine he will have a hefty price tag 

Things are looking up again WAWAW UTO 

It’s going to take time for his to get up to speed obviously . Havimg said that the last two games , his positing and movement is good , once he gets fitter, that will improve . 

Considering the excitement for retaining a 31 year old who’s  not played in 16 months on this forum , you’d be mad to even consider getting rid of winnall . 

Edited by james o connor

15 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

Yes and I agree, I think we would be acting too hastily looking to get rid of either Rhodes or Winnall. 

We now play completely differently with some strength, pace and width and if these two got some confidence they could be extremely effective under Bruce. 

spot on

On 20/03/2019 at 16:12, 1867_OWL said:

Agree with the lack of service bud and the one thing that used to always annoy me was how we insisted on playing Nando on the left & Wallace on the right, which yes allowed them to cut inside and create or shoot themselves. 

It meant we struggled to get the meaningful quick, quality balls into the box that either winnall or Rhodes needed to thrive and score goals. 

I think I remember both playing against Birmingham together and we moved the ball quickly and got crosses into the box. 

I think we won 2 or 3 nil with Rhodes & winnall grabbing the goals. 

It looked really promising.... 

Week after we reverted to "the scared crab" approach and looked hopeless.