Sheffield Varsity match LIVE from Hillsborough now

3 hours ago, MrsHall said:

I've seen that you cheeky fekker. My kids got some sweets, do you want those as well? UTO.

What are you on about?

:Sid:

Seriously though, my apologies squire!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

No chance, what about the real fans who have paid for tickets. Not exactly fair to give some southern student with no care about Wednesday a free ticket coz they turned up to somat. 

Is that what you say to all the young kids at school given tickets?

christ ....

12 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Is that what you say to all the young kids at school given tickets?

christ ....

I know right. If we adopted that mentality then we would never grow the fan base. One thing Forest did the other year was to give a free ticket to every fan who didn’t renew their season ticket the year before in order to get them back into the routine. We should be going through our database and doing the same for POTG fans. We have a hugely underutilise stadium, time we got creative. 

20 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

We shouldn't be rewarding them for not being loyal ffs, should be other way round. 

How do we know they won't become loyal? or regular? There are plenty of wednesday fans that don't turn up at all until the big games or cheapo tickets...

who knows, if they are enamoured enough, they might come more regularly .. plus its the bigger picture too ..

Edited by Hack-Abusi

1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I didn't realise freebies counted towards ffp. 

No but the food/ drink/ merchandise they buy does, not to mention those who come back and pay and in some cases buy season tickets. Not to mention raising the profile of the club to national and international students. 

30 minutes ago, Nick the Owl said:

No but the food/ drink/ merchandise they buy does, not to mention those who come back and pay and in some cases buy season tickets. Not to mention raising the profile of the club to national and international students. 

Yeah I can't see students paying the prices in the ground. so it's basically a freebie. 

3 hours ago, bobness said:

What are you on about?

:Sid:

Seriously though, my apologies squire!

It must have been some IT ninja time warp gremlins at work. The world is once again in equilibrium. My apologies too for any misunderstandings. UTO.

• Haha 1

Guest Grez Bez
4 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Yeah I can't see students paying the prices in the ground. so it's basically a freebie. 

You don't work in business do you! :biggrin: