Bolton administration

On 19/03/2019 at 09:48, Kopparberg said:

Bolton were relegated from the Prem in 2012 and have not recovered since. 

We know that feeling. 

I suppose it’s no consolation but at least they were there relatively recently.   

2012?? Feels like an age ago since they came down... 

1 hour ago, N0rtherner said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47641126

Looks like they'll be saved again in the last minute. Football Ventures consortium buying the club and settling the debt within the next 14 days if rumours are true.

It's not football ventures. Football ventures are the original consortium which pulled out due to Anderson d*cking about and inflating the price. This new buyer is the one who approached Moonshift (Eddie Davies company/estate), who Anderson owes 5 million secured loan to, plus an apparent 3 mill unsecured loan to (which he is reluctant to provide accounts to show it went into the club). The mystery buyer is still unknown, but has shares in a major club, and deep pockets. They are known to Football Ventures, but they though this buyer had no interest.

5 hours ago, shandypants said:

For the sake of the fans, my hope is that the club is saved or, at worst, goes into administration. Bolton will be hit by a points deduction if they go into administration and there will be some unfortunate businesses/organisations that won’t get paid what they are owed (if an administration exit package is agree) but at least the fans will still have a club. 

Your argument that Bolton getting kicked out will solve the general problem of clubs overspending is too simplistic in my opinion. There is no silver bullet - the issue of overspending in football is complex. There are four main drivers that fuel overspending as far as I can see:

• Player salaries
  • Player transfer costs 
  • The financial rewards of participating in Europe’s top domestic leagues (particularly the Premier League)
  • The financial rewards of participating in the Champions League

Whilever the above are left ungoverned, unrestricted and largely ignored then the issues that Bolton currently face will continue. 

Simplistic yes, silver bullet no.

It wont take one long club going out of business, it would take a few, however if it started to happen other clubs should take note. Its unfortunate but no different to any other business, be it footba or not. Football shouldnt be an excuse for bad business management.

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

It'll be Milan.

Has stake in a club already in Slovenia.

Knows Paul Aldridge already at Bolton.

Type of deal that is required to save Bolton is his calling card if you will.

I doubt it, from what I know they buyer has deep pockets, deep enough to pay off ALL the debts at once, and they are more than 350k :Sid:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

I doubt it, from what I know they buyer has deep pockets, deep enough to pay off ALL the debts at once, and they are more than 350k :Sid:

If you think Milan doesn't have deep pockets then you're a bit daft lol

He paid majority of ours off straight away if you remember.

Milan has heaps of money he just doesn't splash it around. Which is a good thing.

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

If you think Milan doesn't have deep pockets then you're a bit daft lol

He paid majority of ours off straight away if you remember.

Milan has heaps of money he just doesn't splash it around. Which is a good thing.

I know, it was a joke FFS :Sid:

Seriously I don't think it is Uncle Milan though, apparently it is someone who was linked originally but Anderson dismissed it as b*llocks, and it seems to be narrowed down to a Russian or a Turk from what Bolton fans have narrowed it down. Plus, this mystery buyer has shares in a major club, and well, Slovan aren't exactly major.

33 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

It'll be Milan.

Has stake in a club already in Slovenia.

Knows Paul Aldridge already at Bolton.

Type of deal that is required to save Bolton is his calling card if you will.

Milan is 80 now. Surely he doesn’t fancy another 5 year project? 

On 19/03/2019 at 08:15, Ian said:

We’d be 6 points off 6th with 8 games left which is very similar to now if you take games in hand in to account

That's slightly better than 6 points off 6th, with 6 games left,  if my 6th sense is not letting me down.

Now do I order my 6th pint or go home to my 6th wife and 6 kids at no 6 Sixth St, Sheffield 6.