Bolton administration

14 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Am i the only one who has no confidence in the EFL sorting this out ? 

Don't know if said before, sky are reporting a points deduction for brum could be in place next season, so start on -pts

My guess is they have bottled it, brum could be relegated with a 12pt deduction if issued now. Would imagine brum would say the deduction is unfair because the penalty is to late in the season. They could have been in the top 6 if they had won their last 3 games instead of losing them....wonder what they would have done then?

The way is see it.

I would presume it will be down to if a buyer comes in. 

If the current chairman manages to avoid them being wound up in the courts at the last minute. Then repercussions should be likely from the efl. 

Though I think if a new buyer takes over before that point, they can't realistically punish the new owner with points deductions /fines etc,Due to it not being his fault for the previous owners mismanagement and problems. 

If they get thrown out I suppose they could go on the fairest way as far as games played. With only 8 left they could just give those games as wins to those remaining teams who have fixtures against them basically saying they're forfitted. This would impact the current table far less then voiding the other nearly 40 results so far this season. 

For me the fairest way if they can manage to find the funds and staff to field a side and play games till May and finish the campaign, then wind them up in May. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

3 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

The way is see it.

If the current chairman manages to avoid them being wound up in the courts at the last minute. Then repercussions should be likely from the efl. 

Though I think if a new buyer takes over before that point, they can't realistically punish the new owner with points deductions /fines etc,Due to it not being his fault for the previous owners mismanagement and problems. 

If they get thrown out I suppose they could go on the fairest way as far as games played. With only 8 left they could just give those games as wins to those remaining teams who have fixtures against them basically saying they're forfitted. This would impact the current table far less then voiding the other nearly 40 results so far this season. 

For me the fairest way if they can manage to dund the funds and staff to field a side and play games till May and finish the campaign, then wind them up in May. 

I have a feeling your suggestion could happen.

PFA paying a group of players to let them play the last 8 games, current Bolton crop or not.

If I was buying them I'd wait until the very last minute and then offer to buy at the amount owed to the major outside creditors. Stuff the current owner completely. Pretty much the Milan way of working.

Why pay the existing owner anything?

4 hours ago, NYowl said:

Can't help but think there is a bit of Karma going on here, if I remember correctly a few years ago when Bolton were in the prem their chairman ( Gartside or something) was one of the main protagonists in trying to get all promotion and relegation from the premiership stopped.

Absolutely bang there about Gartside.this has absolutely blown up in his face big style and sadly Bolton are reaping the Whirlwind that he has created. :tango:

3 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

So all points against Bolton removed etc, I'm sure all the clubs in the league would just accept that WTF:

10 point removed from Bolton and that'll be it.

It could really change the scope of the league table. For example - Derby would move from 8th to 5th place overnight.

3 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Bolton were relegated from the Prem in 2012 and have not recovered since. 

We know that feeling. 

I suppose it’s no consolation but at least they were there relatively recently.   

Could have so easily went that way with us, no so called rich Wednesdayites were interested and it took a old foreign businessman to step in knowing he could make a pound or two on getting us on the cheap.

Guest addedtime
3 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

I don't think it'll happen but if it does, the effect it would have on us, would be nothing compared to the effect on Bolton fans.

Not that long since we were in a bad place, really feel for them and wish them the best of luck.

It's always the poor fans that suffer and never the owners who have landed the clubs in the poo in the first place.

The fans don't suffer at all. It's a bloody hobby! They just watch their team at a lower level!

4 hours ago, NYowl said:

Can't help but think there is a bit of Karma going on here, if I remember correctly a few years ago when Bolton were in the prem their chairman ( Gartside or something) was one of the main protagonists in trying to get all promotion and relegation from the premiership stopped.

That was the opinion of one knob who's been dead for a few years. Nothing to do with the current Bolton setup. 

2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

The way is see it.

For me the fairest way if they can manage to find the funds and staff to field a side and play games till May and finish the campaign, then wind them up in May. 

Whether or not the new owner should get a 12 point punishment is down to the way he goes about getting the club.

He will be aware of any other parties interested in getting the club (probably none) so wants the club as cheap as possible. By letting the club go into admin he can wipe out the debts. Provided that he offers the administrator (and hence the creditors) more than the club is worth bulldozed and replaced by a shopping/leisure complex then he gets the club without being hamstrung by debts. But people and businesses lose significantly, so there must be a punishment to deter potential buyers seeing administration as the preferred route. It should be a last resort.

Football team don't go to the wall though do they, so they get a winding up order and reform as Bolton Wanders AFC or some other name, come next season they will line back up in the league and start again.

How many teams over the years have had winding up orders and only Acrington Stanley in that whole time have actual ceased to exist.

Portsmoth, Coventry, Bradford, Leeds, Rotherham to name a few that have used Administration to get rid of debts. 

I thought though Profit and Sustainability was to stop these issues with football clubs it would be extremely embarrassing for the EFL if a team does go bust, when everyone is questioning the current rules that give ex premier league teams a head start on the rest of the league.

I think the EFL will do everything in their power to stop Bolton going out of business but more likely there will be constrains put in place on them next season.

5 hours ago, Itchy said:

Could be bad news for us they’re in court soon with the possibility of been wound up. The effect of this would be all of their results being expulsed from league and the table would be as follows . We could then kiss playoffs goodbye ☹️

F4868BB5-3250-4E8F-8016-2303EF5A8747.png

Chansiri will save then, were going up.