A12owl

Chris Waddle on Harry's Hero's on ITV.....now

8 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

Had to turn it off..... To many adverts....40mins show in an hour an half slot

Record it and watch it later, fast forward when the ads come on. 

• Agree 1

Would that be the spurs and Newcastle legend Or the Sheffield wednesday legend

10 hours ago, Ursa Minor said:

Said to my missus "Waddle looks quite fit", when he got on the scales he was 15 and a half stone. Very deceptive them scales. 

My scales are deceptive , they say I'm 16 stone when in certain I'm only 12 stone. 

Chris Waddle is taller than he looks on account of him having a short neck ..

lol love the answers 

15 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Razor Ruddock looks like me. 

bigRon.jpeg

• Haha 3

:Sid:

Very amusing and also very sad in places, however my wife might stop attempting to get me to lose some weight after seeing some of those paragons of fitness, when the trainer guy was measuring Razor’s delicate waistline he ought to have asked him to hold the tape at the front while he strolled round. Is it just me or does Chris Waddle appear to be very shy, he sort of hugs the background and speaks when he’s spoken to?

Perhaps SkyBet might reconsider having Paul Merson featuring in their future adverts? 

You know, because you wouldn't ask an alcoholic to feature in a beer advert, would you? 

It's almost like "Once the Fun Stops. Stop" is a hollow saying. . . 

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Perhaps SkyBet might reconsider having Paul Merson featuring in their future adverts? 

You know, because you wouldn't ask an alcoholic to feature in a beer advert, would you? 

It's almost like "Once the Fun Stops. Stop" is a hollow saying. . . 

He could well be doing the ads to pay off his debts ?.......

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

What idiot from Crystal Palace Ladies First Team - from the top league in womens football - agreed to send their team out to play against a bunch of over 50s mens footballers with an average weight of 20 stone - to see them lose 1-0

That one decision must have set back womens football for 30 years.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Hirst1867 said:

What idiot from Crystal Palace Ladies First Team - from the top league in womens football - agreed to send their team out to play against a bunch of over 50s mens footballers with an average weight of 20 stone - to see them lose 1-0

I recall Stanley Mathews playing top class league football at age 50, I saw Carlton Palmer jogging in Longshaw age 52, he looked a million dollars, to be honest Harry Redknapp at 72 looks in better fettle than most of his team, would it have been that difficult to pick a side of fit over 50’s ex pro footballers?

25 minutes ago, Hirst1867 said:

On the other hand how would it have looked if they had turned down the challenge?

13 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

I recall Stanley Mathews playing top class league football at age 50, I saw Carlton Palmer jogging in Longshaw age 52, he looked a million dollars, to be honest Harry Redknapp at 72 looks in better fettle than most of his team, would it have been that difficult to pick a side of fit over 50’s ex pro footballers?

Im not sure that would have fitted the point of the programme though.

5 minutes ago, Hirst1867 said:

Im not sure that would have fitted the point of the programme though.

I know what you’re saying, I reckon that the Germany match will be fixed, I wonder how the mood would go if Razor dropped dead during it. Waddle is the same height as me, he’s half a stone heavier and 14 years my junior, plenty of time for him to catch Razor up. WTF:

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Hirst1867 said:

This.. bit of a shame for the lasses really. Fun seeing the old men pinging the ball about 50yards with ease. 

• Agree 1

Seaman still seems pretty good.

Tbf, Merse and Le Tiss were pinging it about and pulling out some skills.

Can't say anyone else really stood out. 

One of my main takeaways was how nice of a house does Lee Sharpe live in despite having done the sweet sum of F all since about 1996. 

• Agree 1

Waddles waffling re no deal brexiting is definitely the case of never follow your heroes on twitter , never mind meet them .

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, optimisticowl said:

That wouldn't have made an interesting program though would it?