Next season

Even if we don't make the play offs this year this run we are having must be good for next season.  If we are looking to bring in players on loan they must now look at our current form and manager and think yes I'd like to play for them next season as it looks like we have everything in place for a promotion push. Ok money might be an issue but if Bruce can use his contacts and is clever in the transfer market it bodes well for next season. 

Edited by owls7

30 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I am taking nothing for granted. 

I remember the way we finished under Jos last season. Then he seemed to lose the plot.

We go up great.  We don't, at least it's enjoyable football again.

Yes I know what you mean but I just think the position we are in now will only help us next season if I was a player looking to go out on loan I'd look at Wednesday and look at the set up and finish to the season we've had can only be good.

I think next seasons going to be really difficult, both on and off the pitch, if the FFP stuff is accurate.

It could be a season of Bruce working on a virtual shoe string given the finances..and the fans getting over giddy about the end of this seasons campaign.

You can ally that to The blades probably going up..no f.ooker will be happy about that.

So..what a melting pot of misery all that is.

Then you have the pricing, its not gonna go away..no matter how many times you divide the number of games by a Kop season ticket....Up towards £40 for one game is too high...

So there we go...take yer spoon and stir it around given those ingredients.

What we don't want to do is blame the Chef....(The Chef is obviously Steve Bruce for those who haven't kept up wiv me culinary capers)

So in keeping wiv the cooking , eating an' restaurant stuff...

What happens next Season when your favourite dish has been sold to another chain, when "Spagh Bannan" is offa the Menu..and all yer other favourite dishes have gone West (wood)

We have what we have..and what we have..minus some..is what we may well start with next year.

What i would say to Owls fans....and by all means take no notice..call me a conker or simply disagree...is..

If the worst comes to the worst finance wise?

The club will need us next season, and we will have to step up..in full realisation of the situation we are in

We will also have to understand the situation Steve Bruce will be in as well...and I reckon we will have to back him...I'm not talking sycophantic , drooling acceptance of everything...I'm saying we will have to recognise the constraints he is under..and not end up chuckin' the Bruce out wiv the bathwater.....

After the Hull final...just wait while next season, we will be stronger

After the Hudds CC bolllox of a semi....just wait while next season, we will be stronger...1 or two signings blah blah...(should have been sacked then imho)

After Jos's strong end of season finish...just wait while next season, we are in transition...boloooxx bollloxxx blah blah.

Foooook next season, do it this lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

After the Hull final...just wait while next season, we will be stronger

After the Hudds CC bolllox of a semi....just wait while next season, we will be stronger...1 or two signings blah blah...(should have been sacked then imho)

After Jos's strong end of season finish...just wait while next season, we are in transition...boloooxx bollloxxx blah blah.

Foooook next season, do it this lol

I hope so mate.......but I sadly doubt it

I say I "sadly doubt it"..cos we have to accept that...

2 years we gave it to go and fell at  the finish..WE all joined in..we missed out

Now depending on yer point of view...We missed out cos of Chansiri being naive..cos of Carlos being cautious..or whatever the f.ook it was...

Lets at least take a bit of responsibility...We bounced..We filled Wembley..We came close...We failed.

Look at United, they built carefully , cautiosly..They have crept up on promotion, where we went full on naked waving our wangs about...Looks great when it works...sadly it didn't.

Under Bruce, we can do it properly..but it will take a couple of years in my opinion...We have the fanbase ...for a time...

Another 3 years of these prices , in this division?..The fanbase won't be there...and if thats not something the club can't see..They are blind

4 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Look at United, they built carefully , cautiosly..They have crept up on promotion, where we went full on naked waving our wangs about...Looks great when it works...sadly it didn't.

Under Bruce, we can do it properly..but it will take a couple of years in my opinion...We have the fanbase ...for a time...

Another 3 years of these prices , in this division?..The fanbase won't be there...and if thats not something the club can't see..They are blind

Mostly agree with that except utd are not up yet, if they fail autos my guess is they won't be promoted, then next season they will be off scratch same as the rest and it could easily go apeshite, as we know. Though tbh, talking absolutely selfishly I hope they beat  Bristol C, Preston and Forest. So long as they do that, don't care if they go up auto so long as we make top 6.

It's just the  'this time next year...' dell boy mantra, rarely happens.

Though, how much are them 150yr Wednesday watches worth now...:biggrin:

Some excellent points being made here and I agree with virtually all of them, however, the crucial difference for me is Bruce... he is far far more capable than Carlos and Jos. We have more of a chance with him at the helm, financial restrictions or not. 

Just imagine what he could have achieved if he had been appointed three seasons ago and handed all that cash to invest. Yes, the first season under Carlos was great fun but I reckon that Bruce would have seen it through. ( instead of breaking our hearts !! )

• Like 1

Yes but the way I'm looking at it is this season is just a warm up for next. All of a sudden we've put a very tidy run together giving us a chance of a play off spot if we don't make it I fully expect us to be up in and around the play offs next season the big sticking point is money if we can get something sorted then we have the right manager in charge to wheel and deal his way out of the mess. The foundations are being laid by him to do this so if we don't go up this season next is going to be one hell of a ride I hope.

The key part for me is the FFP impact and whatever punishment Birmingham gets will be an indication of the league’s thinking around reform / relaxation of the rules.

I’d like to think that we’ve been in regular discussion with the league on our own position and that we’ve got a good idea already of the likely outcome which will give Bruce the flexibility he needs.

If this was enough to get Bruce to sign on the dotted line next season could be exciting indeed, even if the end to this one isn’t. 

I think the team as it is now would finish comfortably in mid table next season, which isn’t a negative in my eyes. Especially if we are limited in terms of spending. 

Unless we can find a new bargain goal scorer, central midfielder backup and wide player, I’d take 10th. 

I’m not a major fan of Chansiri, but he always likes to set some money aside to help his manager out - and I think he’ll be desperate to find some funds for Bruce.  

8 hours ago, scilly owl said:

Some excellent points being made here and I agree with virtually all of them, however, the crucial difference for me is Bruce... he is far far more capable than Carlos and Jos. We have more of a chance with him at the helm, financial restrictions or not. 

Just imagine what he could have achieved if he had been appointed three seasons ago and handed all that cash to invest. Yes, the first season under Carlos was great fun but I reckon that Bruce would have seen it through. ( instead of breaking our hearts !! )

Totally agree. He outsmarted and outmanouvered Carlos at Wembley and he has the footballing intelligence to put together a side who prey on the oppositions weaknesees. 

I can't imagine he would have signed if Chansiri didn't have something up his sleeve. 

If recent memory serves me right we always finish strong but then have an horrible start to the season we don’t turn up until after the first month 

that said I think with less games to play next year being in the top flight we will be ok