Behind Closed Doors Game Tuesday

Is Abdi now basically our version of Rodwell when he was at Sun’lun? Or do we literally still not know anything? Absolutely insane that we’ve not actually heard a peep in over a year re: what on earth the basic situation is. Fair enough, we don’t get the full medical charts, but seriously...nothing? At all? Never known anything like it here, can’t really blame fans for speculating on whether it’s something more sinister under circumstances this bizarre.

6 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

I find it absolutely unbelievable that it's come to this with Almen Abdi. Turning out in a game like that from where he was 2-3 years ago in the prem.

Would love to understand whats truly gone on there. His next move in the summer will tell a lot, going to guess he either goes abroad to a low level or retires.

Just a hunch but I'd suggest he will retire. Something must have gone on that isn't to do with football.

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
13 hours ago, owls about that said:

Steve Bruce said that we are playing a behind closed doors game on Tuesday, saying that he will

be playing players that haven't had much playing time recently, which players do you think will be used

Dawson, Pudil, Thorniley, Baker, Jones, Winnall, Hooper, Fox, Pelupessy, Matias, Boyd, Should all

be starters, then maybe Van Aken, Penney (Depending on their current injury status) Then best of the rest

from U23s.

Van Aken and Penney are both out for the season. Been mentioned on NUMEROUS occasions.

41 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Why do people care about abdi . Hopefully that era of signing crocked crap is over . He’s out contract and will be on his way . Good riddance 

You obviously know all the facts about Abdi.....care to enlighten us??

14 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

I find it absolutely unbelievable that it's come to this with Almen Abdi. Turning out in a game like that from where he was 2-3 years ago in the prem.

Would love to understand whats truly gone on there. His next move in the summer will tell a lot, going to guess he either goes abroad to a low level or retires.

I too would love to hear the full story, seems the bruce clean sheet didn't extend to abdi - surely one of the biggest wastes of money in our history and that's a hell of a statement 

• Like 1

Remember the joy when it was discovered we were signing Abdi, I thought we were finally “on the way back” with that level of signing. 

Its a strange one as he’s training with the first team, so either physically or mentally he’s not able to play competitive football anymore.  

Its a shame he’s not more involved in training our youngsters and showing that he would like to repay the club for the money we ended up wasting on him.  But the truth will come out in the summer I guess 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, owls about that said:

Steve Bruce said that we are playing a behind closed doors game on Tuesday, saying that he will

be playing players that haven't had much playing time recently, which players do you think will be used

Dawson, Pudil, Thorniley, Baker, Jones, Winnall, Hooper, Fox, Pelupessy, Matias, Boyd, Should all

be starters, then maybe Van Aken, Penney (Depending on their current injury status) Then best of the rest

from U23s.

Wonder who going to be out injured on Wednesday 

My money is one Hooper follows by Matias

1 hour ago, longreach said:

You obviously know all the facts about Abdi.....care to enlighten us??

I don’t know anything other than the bloke has been the most costly mistake the clubs ever made. I can make up some silly rumours that some are so keen on here but the truth of the matter is , he’s a crock who had one almighty holiday at Wednesdays expense 

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Remember the joy when it was discovered we were signing Abdi, I thought we were finally “on the way back” with that level of signing. 

Its a strange one as he’s training with the first team, so either physically or mentally he’s not able to play competitive football anymore.  

Its a shame he’s not more involved in training our youngsters and showing that he would like to repay the club for the money we ended up wasting on him.  But the truth will come out in the summer I guess 

someone posted on here months ago that after a showdown with DC  he's persona non grata

all very strange 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

Why do people care about abdi . Hopefully that era of signing crocked crap is over . He’s out contract and will be on his way . Good riddance 

Why do people care about Abdi? 

Because we're paying him a lot of money to do sweet fa. 

I have no knowledge on what his salary is, but let's assume £30k per week.

Very rough calculations: that's 60 season tickets or 3000 season tickets per year just for him to sit around doing nothing. So 10-15% of our entire ticket revenue goes to Abdi. No wonder were in the poo with FFP and no wonder we care. We should be fuming.

12 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Will someone on ‘ere be able to get hold of the team sheet from “behind the closed doors”? Would be interesting to see who is on the mend.

No chance. This match is so top secret that Bruce is not even going to tell the players that are playing who is in the team. lol