Is Hector singing too unrealistic?

16 hours ago, wilyfox said:

He has a year left and has performed well this season. Chelsea aren't gonna give him away. Mepham 12mil, Gibson 15mil, both championship performers - as is Hector. He's still worth a few bob. 

Wouldn't say he's on Gibson level in terms of quality and consistency over a decent period of time. Can't see any Premier League clubs interested and how many Championship clubs will have £5m for a defender given the impending P&S issues that half of the league are expected to face this summer?

Regardless, I still expect he'll be out of our range this summer unless we sell a player, Bruce is happy to spend most of his budget on him, or Chansiri gambles again.

Is it possible to get him on a season long loan with a fee which we pay at the end of the season? 

To swerve ffp restrictions for this summer?

I know he's out of contract at the end of next season but it's a way of buying him but deferring payment until the next year's accounts?

Edited by trev

21 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Has to be our absolute priority this summer We will probably need to sell first though

Spending money is not the problem. Being allowed to is. Will all depend on if we have an embargo or not. 

Maybe we should be signing players up now before/if we do get hit with an embargo.

If we can afford him I'd be happy to see him join us but I reckon Bruce might be able to find us a decent CB at the right price. Iorfa came here to play CB so maybe the idea was to move him there for next season.

On 18/03/2019 at 13:54, royalowlisback said:

If Chelsea end up under an embargo - they might not let as many players leave?  And those that do, they will probably charge more.

On 18/03/2019 at 14:14, Lord Snooty said:

His blues  contract runs till 2020. But I'm sure if anyone can wangle us a deal Bruce can.

I think at 26 Hector must be surely getting to that stage when he wants a 'proper club' Somewhere to knuckle down and make the most of his career rather than being shipped out like a subbie every season. Somewhere to call home. Somewhere built on seven hills. 

IF chelski end up in an embargo, then 'perhaps' they'll want to keep playing staff to cover their back, but may loan him out again?

buy if we can, if not, trust in bruce.

19 hours ago, trev said:

Is it possible to get him on a season long loan with a fee which we pay at the end of the season? 

To swerve ffp restrictions for this summer?

I know he's out of contract at the end of next season but it's a way of buying him but deferring payment until the next year's accounts?

Why would chelsea do that if they can get £10 mill or something in the summer?

35 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Why would chelsea do that if they can get £10 mill or something in the summer?

Whatever fee the club's agree can effectively be deferred until the next summer. That's all I'm saying.

To try and get around ffp restrictions as we will hopefully be in a better position by then....maybe....i dunno.

46 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Don't really understand why people think because he is a Chelsea player he would command a big wage. He has no future at Chelsea, so has to make a career elsewhere, which inevitably will mean a considerable pay cut.

Agreed. As impressive as he's been for us this year and I would love for us to sign him in the summer too, but I can't work out why he is at Chelsea and why they signed him. He's a million miles off being a Chelsea standard player imho. He's found his level now as a good championship player and hopefully will be realistic enough to accept championship wages......

1 hour ago, Sticky belly said:

Agreed. As impressive as he's been for us this year and I would love for us to sign him in the summer too, but I can't work out why he is at Chelsea and why they signed him. He's a million miles off being a Chelsea standard player imho. He's found his level now as a good championship player and hopefully will be realistic enough to accept championship wages......

I would suspect he is within reach of most championship clubs in terms of fee and wages, unless they are hampered by an embargo You’re right, his level isn’t Chelsea’s now, but you can understand why they took a punt on him. Back then he will have been about 21, a quick young centre back, who could seamlessly step into midfield, so worth a punt. Can remember seeing a lot of him when he was at Reading, usually playing as a defensive midfielder, and he was outstanding