Is Hector singing too unrealistic?

34 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Ball-playing centre-half, in his prime, still under contract on lucrative wages...Hector could be worth £5m+ in today's market. They paid that sort of money for him, and he's more experienced now. Where we gonna find that fee under umbongo? ..even before you ponder the wage cap likely to be imposed. 

If Hector is worth £5m+, given his contract situation, I might get my boots back out! lol

Embargo is fake news too.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

His blues  contract runs till 2020. But I'm sure if anyone can wangle us a deal Bruce can.

I think at 26 Hector must be surely getting to that stage when he wants a 'proper club' Somewhere to knuckle down and make the most of his career rather than being shipped out like a subbie every season. Somewhere to call home. Somewhere built on seven hills. 

Roma or Lazio tough choice 

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

His blues  contract runs till 2020. But I'm sure if anyone can wangle us a deal Bruce can.

I think at 26 Hector must be surely getting to that stage when he wants a 'proper club' Somewhere to knuckle down and make the most of his career rather than being shipped out like a subbie every season. Somewhere to call home. Somewhere built on seven hills. 

Could always cross over to R'n'B

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, SettleForADraw said:

Seems to be enjoying it here and can’t see many teams in the prem offering him a contract so hopefully he’ll take a wage cut? Can’t imagine him being on mega bucks at Chelsea anyhow

Bet he's on 25k minimum, Be amazed if it wasn't about 40k though.

I think were gonna struggle to pay big for players so I would imagine a season loan again, which I think Hector would jump at.

Although I do think somehow we will have money to spend. Can see us making Aarons and Laazar permeant signings but again it depends on the fee.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

He's good but bloody hell,  ball playing.:laugh:

His distribution is awful, he just needs to tackle and head and do what he's good at. 

It’s not, it’s actually very good  OK not all of those long raking diagonals come off, but believe you me, he is good on the ball When he played in midfield for Reading, he always looked comfortable on the ball

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Ball-playing centre-half, in his prime, still under contract on lucrative wages...Hector could be worth £5m+ in today's market. They paid that sort of money for him, and he's more experienced now. Where we gonna find that fee under umbongo? ..even before you ponder the wage cap likely to be imposed. 

Sadly, this may be the reality of the situation 

The original words of the song revised below mention Hector in the second line of the first verse.  I thought we might need some new words to the same tune:

Then let us fill a bumper, and drink a health of those

Who wear the blue and white stripes through all our highs and lows.

May they and their supporters with victories be blest,

So up with Sheffield Wednesday and down with all the rest!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SettleForADraw said:

Seems to be enjoying it here and can’t see many teams in the prem offering him a contract so hopefully he’ll take a wage cut? Can’t imagine him being on mega bucks at Chelsea anyhow

General consensus amongst those in the know (Jason Cundy) is that minimum wages for players at Chelsea including the young uns is 30k / week so if he did sign he'd get a pay rise :biggrin:

6 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

Just got back from a horrid work day and this made me chuckle. Thanks snoots :D

giphy.gif

"I just automatically agreed to the change when I saw the squiggly red line under the word and now I'm a figure of ridicule!"

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I think were gonna struggle to pay big for players so I would imagine a season loan again, which I think Hector would jump at.

Although I do think somehow we will have money to spend. Can see us making Aarons and Laazar permeant signings but again it depends on the fee.

Maybe DC convinced Bruce to join by telling him we're gonna do a "Wolves/Leicester/Bournemouth etc " and totally ignore the EFL rules.

Sign a load of prem quality players to give us a good chance next season.

But, really in the sh ! t if we don't get promoted :ohmy:

39 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

giphy.gif

"I just automatically agreed to the change when I saw the squiggly red line under the word and now I'm a figure of ridicule!"

We have all fell foul of the " Fat fingers and predictive text curse " Snoots. :Sid:

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

If Hector is worth £5m+, given his contract situation, I might get my boots back out! lol

Embargo is fake news too.

He has a year left and has performed well this season. Chelsea aren't gonna give him away. Mepham 12mil, Gibson 15mil, both championship performers - as is Hector. He's still worth a few bob.