Is Hector singing too unrealistic?

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Another season loan with a fee I would think. Plenty ahead of him in the cue for the Chelsea first team.

Might work, but we could be up against other championship clubs who are prepared to pay a fee in the summer

40 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

His blues  contract runs till 2020. But I'm sure if anyone can wangle us a deal Bruce can.

I think at 26 Hector must be surely getting to that stage when he wants a 'proper club' Somewhere to knuckle down and make the most of his career rather than being shipped out like a subbie every season. Somewhere to call home. Somewhere built on seven hills. 

So Roma or Sporting Lisbon??

• Haha 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

Might work, but we could be up against other championship clubs who are prepared to pay a fee in the summer

And this is why we need to pull every stunt in the book.

I'm thinking a honey trap.

It's that or outright kidnap.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

I know people are saying Hector will be out of our grasp....but with Abdi, Boyd, Hoopers contracts all up, that would surely free up some wages to be redistributed?  

I mean, with David Jones' £100k pw contract :ph34r:  expiring in the summer I think we might have a little chance

Or a squeak, in Bruce parlance.

It all depends on P & S. If the change in loan rules comes about for next season the likes of Chelsea, Manchester City will have to offload lots of players. Think Chelsea had 42 out on loan if the maximum is 6 which was the suggested number they either have to keep 3 teams sitting at home and that will not be cheap as I would think most sides are making contribution towages at least or they have to offload players. Therefore think will be some bargains in terms of transfer fees around. Most will be at or around Championship level and as most teams will be watching their budgets can not see players prices rocketing. hector had not been a success in previous loan spells but obviously Sheffield air has done him good and now looks one of better centre backs in league. I also think there will be more improvement to come as this is first time he has enjoyed a settled run in a side. In Bruces terms we have a squeak if we want him and P & S does not get in way.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Problem we will have is the embargo from April until July. Signing Hec is a longer shot than the playoffs. 

We need some sort of expert salesman in charge of our outgoing transfers.

Someone who could actually rake in fees. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

If Chelsea end up under an embargo - they might not let as many players leave?  And those that do, they will probably charge more.

They have so many players on the books, I don't think selling players far down the pecking order will present any sort of challenge for them.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

A fraction of what we're paying some of our stars, according to Owlstalks resident ITK financial experts!

Not to mention Chris Wilder!

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

His blues  contract runs till 2020. But I'm sure if anyone can wangle us a deal Bruce can.

I think at 26 Hector must be surely getting to that stage when he wants a 'proper club' Somewhere to knuckle down and make the most of his career rather than being shipped out like a subbie every season. Somewhere to call home. Somewhere built on seven hills. 

AS Roma??

Guest wilyfox

Ball-playing centre-half, in his prime, still under contract on lucrative wages...Hector could be worth £5m+ in today's market. They paid that sort of money for him, and he's more experienced now. Where we gonna find that fee under umbongo? ..even before you ponder the wage cap likely to be imposed. 

19 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Ball-playing centre-half, in his prime, still under contract on lucrative wages...Hector could be worth £5m+ in today's market. They paid that sort of money for him, and he's more experienced now. Where we gonna find that fee under umbongo? ..even before you ponder the wage cap likely to be imposed. 

He's good but bloody hell,  ball playing.:laugh:

His distribution is awful, he just needs to tackle and head and do what he's good at. 

21 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Is the £5m figure correct? If so seems a little strange when you consider he’s not played a match for Chelsea and has been predominantly on loan during his career. I know he’s had a terrific start with us, but chatting to Hull fans (who saw him on a season long loan) they weren’t that impressed by him. 

I’m not being negative for any other reason than hoping he’s within our budget and also reflecting that perhaps the best form of his career has been with us?

51 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Another season loan with a fee I would think. Plenty ahead of him in the cue for the Chelsea first team.

I can't see that happening. Hector's contract will expire at the end of a loan deal next season, so Chelsea may as well sell for what they can this summer and get a fee for him that they wouldn't get next summer.