If Hutch is out....

34 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The thing is, Hutchinson and Pelupessy are completely different midfield players, so would never be like for like replacements

Very true, people almost expect Pelupessy to go running round like Hutchinson sliding into challenges, he's never going to be that type of player. Not really sure what he brings through, bar a few sideways passes to Bannan and letting midfield runners cut through him like a hot knife through butter. Can't fault his effort and if you pay peanuts you get monkeys, was a gamble signing and chances are he's not costing us that much. 

1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Very true, people almost expect Pelupessy to go running round like Hutchinson sliding into challenges, he's never going to be that type of player. Not really sure what he brings through, bar a few sideways passes to Bannan and letting midfield runners cut through him like a hot knife through butter. Can't fault his effort and if you pay peanuts you get monkeys, was a gamble signing and chances are he's not costing us that much. 

I think he’d be useful in a midfield three, but none of our midfield players are quite right for a two. Hutchinson is an out and out ball winner, who is not particularly comfortable venturing forward, although he is being encouraged to do more of this by Bruce. Both Bannan and Pelupessy are too lightweight to give us the solidity we need , when operating as a two. This isn’t the 80s, where you had one player sitting, and the other creating. That set up would generally see you overrun in midfield these days. To operate a two in there, you have to have both players equally adapt at defending and attacking, a bit like Brighton had when they went up It’s not the norm these days though, and teams tend to overload the midfield

Like playing with ten men with Joey in the side, harsh but true 

another case of piggy in the middle like Boyd, spends 90 mins chasing the ball but doesn’t get near to them like Hutch.

i wouldn’t give us any chance of keeping up this form if Sam’s out 

4 hours ago, pj owl said:

A few posters have mentioned it above - his positioning and anticipation is a million miles away from hutch’s.

its why Hutch looks so good - he is nearly always in the right place - Pelupessy has to chase about to get in the right place so a team that moves the ball quickly can soon make him redundant.

You're right. JP is like a dog chasing a tennis ball around a park.

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Who knows, we might see a different Pelupessy now. He's seen plenty of Hutchinson last few months to know what's required.

Last time I saw pelupessy I thought the same, the way he won a few tackles was more reminiscent of hutchinson than what I'd seen before, can only help watching him play

Firstly I am sure Hutch will be fine for Stoke, International Break couldn't have come at a better time.

BUT............... if he is not we SHOULDNT be starting Pelupessy. not a hater but he simply isn't good enough. Come on for 10 mins at the end of a game to run about and try to help sure up a lead, that's fine but anything more there has got to be a alternative.

Luckily for us we have a behind closed game tomorrow for the players who haven't played to get some much needed fitness...... Number 8 on the team sheet....

ALMEN ABDI !!!!

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

The thing is, Hutchinson and Pelupessy are completely different midfield players, so would never be like for like replacements

Jones preferably if he is up to it. If not has to be pelupessey. Other players would be square pegs in round holes and i have had enough of that frankly