Stoke form

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

So the team in 17th with 2 wins in 15 league games is our toughest remaining game? 

Their recent form is solid. Very tough place to go. The fact is, anybody in this league can beat anybody so league position doesn’t really come into it - if that’s you’re point? 

The majority of our other fixtures are against sides going for promotion. These teams are under pressure to win. They will be playing open, expansive football potentially leaving a route for us to score. It will be totally different against Stoke. 

Don't be too confident! 

3 hours ago, BingleyOwl said:

I’d be extremely happy with a draw against Stoke.

I actually think this is our toughest remaining game. We’ve done extremely well of late, but had a good amount of luck. I feel this could be the game our run ends. I hope I’m wrong.

We have to go to Norwich ,Preston and Leeds but this is our toughest game !! Hope you are right but somehow I doubt it . I don’t think we got lucky beating Blackburn either . Yes I hope you are wrong too !! Ha 

46 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

Their recent form is solid. Very tough place to go. The fact is, anybody in this league can beat anybody so league position doesn’t really come into it - if that’s you’re point? 

The majority of our other fixtures are against sides going for promotion. These teams are under pressure to win. They will be playing open, expansive football potentially leaving a route for us to score. It will be totally different against Stoke. 

Don't be too confident! 

I reckon, like we were under Carlos, that teams under pressure to win and not lose will play the opposite. I reckon thr games will be tighter between top teams with more at stake. 

7 hours ago, the monk said:

By that you mean we must win all our remaining matches ?

No it’s more that I believe we have much harder games than Stoke to come where I would take a draw now ie Norwich away,

I understand that if we lost to Stoke but won every other game then that would do nicely, I just don’t see it

7 hours ago, twolaptops said:

If they are battlers we need to find a replacement for Reach..................last few games he has been gash........."get stuck in man"

Yeah...sure we can find a replacement for Reach with 8 games to go.

A late contender for dumbest post of the season.

Congrats. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, zico.b said:

going to ground easily, hunting in packs when appealing to the ref and sneaky little niggling knocks on our players. It reminded me a lot of the worst of Billy Davies's tactics.

Hmmmmmm.........Isnt there another club not too far from S6, having a lot of luck with this "Style" of play?

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

We have to go to Norwich ,Preston and Leeds but this is our toughest game !! Hope you are right but somehow I doubt it . I don’t think we got lucky beating Blackburn either . Yes I hope you are wrong too !! Ha 

If you read my other post you’ll understand what I mean.

Yes Leeds and Norwich are extremely tough games. But they’re desperate to affirm automatic promotion so the pressure is definitely on them. They must win. They will be playing open, expansive football. And, they both concede goals.

Stoke have no pressure. They concede very few goals and, against good defences, we aren’t overly prolific on the goal front. 

Anyone can beat anyone in this league so league position is irrelevant. I really do think the Stoke game is a real banana skin. 

6 hours ago, BingleyOwl said:

I actually think this is our toughest remaining game. We’ve done extremely well of late, but had a good amount of luck. I feel this could be the game our run ends. I hope I’m wrong.

I’m trying to think what luck we’ve been having? 

For the last 35 mins of the Blackburn game we had 10+ first team players missing due to injury/fitness.

Have we had many (soft) penalties given to us like the Pigs seem to get?

Edited by Southie_Owl

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

I’m trying to think what luck we’ve been having? 

For the last 35 mins of the Blackburn game we had 10+ first team players missing due to injury/fitness.

Have we had many (soft) penalties given to us like the Pigs seem to get?

At Derby we looked a solid unit, but didn’t offer an awful lot up front. A draw was a fair result. Derby had some very good chances.

Against Bolton, we were frankly awful in the first half. Against better opposition, we would have been lucky to have not conceded in the first half.

Against Blackburn, we looked very shakey at times. We took our chances and that was the difference between the sides. Blackburn played much the better football and frequently exploited our left flank. If they hadn’t have had a make shift defence or a donkey of a goalkeeper, we wouldn’t have scored four goals.

7 hours ago, BingleyOwl said:

so stoke away is tougher than Leeds or Norwich ? Lol

I live on the outskirts of Stoke so follow there form ( and demise ). Also go on there forum if I need cheering up ! 

They weren't content with coming 9'th in the prem for 3 consecutive years so you can imagine what they are like nowadays.

Aparantely not much pace in the team and very slow approach play . 3 shots on target in there last 3 games .

I think the best they've played all season is the first 30 mins at Hillsborough.

I think it could be a tight game tho.

3 hours ago, BingleyOwl said:

If you read my other post you’ll understand what I mean.

Yes Leeds and Norwich are extremely tough games. But they’re desperate to affirm automatic promotion so the pressure is definitely on them. They must win. They will be playing open, expansive football. And, they both concede goals.

Stoke have no pressure. They concede very few goals and, against good defences, we aren’t overly prolific on the goal front. 

Anyone can beat anyone in this league so league position is irrelevant. I really do think the Stoke game is a real banana skin. 

Well yes I agree but I also believe Norwich and Leeds have more quality .Stoke are on paper a very good side and I know we will have to be at our best to beat them . Stoke will have lots of pressure from the fans they are just relegated and are underperforming .