Injured again

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Lazaar is probably a freebie - or dirt cheap anyway. On his arse at Newcastle. Bruce implied as much. Why shouldn't we have taken a chance on him given the circumstances?! I probably wouldn't re-sign Lazaar either, for the same reason. Given our injury history the past two years, I wouldn't sign anyone without a squeaky clean bill of health. No guarantees someone won't get injured in the future, but you can at least ensure they arrive in good nick and without previous. 

Yeah, it’s our history of injuries in recent seasons, that might colour our decision making Its weird though, so many of those effected, had no real history of injury before they came to us

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yeah, it’s our history of injuries in recent seasons, that might colour our decision making Its weird though, so many of those effected, had no real history of injury before they came to us

Hutch did, Fletcher did, and I think we've run Lee into the ground. He's had multiple ops during his time here. Quality aside, Hooper never looks the fittest and we've not had a full season out of him. There are so many factors. FF was also in & out of the team at Watford. Did he miss much through injury there, or was it purely competition for places? 

Edited by wilyfox

I seem to remember back in the days before advanced medical technology the most injured players didn't have to need 3 years recuperation periods. People like "Swift"?? who carried on in goal after suffering a fractured neck.Our own Jack Witham who missed huge chunks of seasons but still managed to be top scorer for us.

There are many more examples I could probably come up with, Not least Gordon Banks who came back to play after being blinded in one eye.

Just what are thisgeneration of footballers made out of FFS.

Disclaimer. Not only footballers get injured. There are other occupations  in which injurycan occur too.)

On 17/03/2019 at 21:05, wilyfox said:

I doubt it. Nil contribution does not justify another loan. Yes, Bruce likes him - not enough to take him back to Villa last summer though. Went and bought McGinn instead. 

The guys been average at best. If we take loan players they need to be good enough to play every week or whats the point. Sure theres better out there.

9 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

I seem to remember back in the days before advanced medical technology the most injured players didn't have to need 3 years recuperation periods. People like "Swift"?? who carried on in goal after suffering a fractured neck.Our own Jack Witham who missed huge chunks of seasons but still managed to be top scorer for us.

There are many more examples I could probably come up with, Not least Gordon Banks who came back to play after being blinded in one eye.

Just what are thisgeneration of footballers made out of FFS.

Disclaimer. Not only footballers get injured. There are other occupations  in which injurycan occur too.)

Bert Trautman played with a broken neck 

On 17/03/2019 at 20:36, james o connor said:

These injuries are borderlining on the farcical . Not only do we have the largest collection of perma crocks we are now getting people injured in rediculus ways like this , ironically just as he was coming back 

A3963788-8243-459D-B5EC-53996EEEB502.jpeg

On 17/03/2019 at 20:27, gurujuan said:

Reckon he’ll be back next season, Bruce likes him

Yet he didn't take him on loan again at Villa, did he? If he thought he was that influential I think he would have done. Can't justify another year based on what I've seen of him so far. A luxury player IMO.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

3 hours ago, Itchy said:

Its a contact sport obviously you’ve never played 

Played in same team as David Seaman at school. :biggrin:

Played Sunday league football regularly many years ago, this was time when you was allowed to tackle properly.