Injured again

Guest wilyfox

The type of midfielder we need, but he's had a shocker this season. Feels like it's not meant to be for him here. 

Guest wilyfox
37 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Reckon he’ll be back next season, Bruce likes him

I doubt it. Nil contribution does not justify another loan. Yes, Bruce likes him - not enough to take him back to Villa last summer though. Went and bought McGinn instead. 

3 hours ago, wilyfox said:

I doubt it. Nil contribution does not justify another loan. Yes, Bruce likes him - not enough to take him back to Villa last summer though. Went and bought McGinn instead. 

Just because Villa didn't sign him in the summer doesn't mean they/Bruce didn't want to. Like us they had a soft embargo so had to cut their cloth accordingly.

Guest wilyfox
8 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Just because Villa didn't sign him in the summer doesn't mean they/Bruce didn't want to. Like us they had a soft embargo so had to cut their cloth accordingly.

They spent more on McGinn than loaning Onomah would have cost. He was on his arse deadline day, that's how we got him. Bruce took Tuanzebe back to Villa for a second loan spell. Could have done so with Onomah had he wanted. He does like the player, we know that. He remarked on him when he came in. Doesn't mean he'll re-sign him. Not sure DC would be too keen on the suggestion, seeing how this year has gone for him. 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

They spent more on McGinn than loaning Onomah would have cost. He was on his arse deadline day, that's how we got him. Bruce took Tuanzebe back to Villa for a second loan spell. Could have done so with Onomah had he wanted. He does like the player, we know that. He remarked on him when he came in. Doesn't mean he'll re-sign him. Not sure DC would be too keen on the suggestion, seeing how this year has gone for him. 

Although DC must have sanctioned Lazaar, a known crock. 

3 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

A known crock to who, exactly?

Anyone who had followed his career at Newcastle I suppose Anyway, my point was, injuries happen and just because a player has had a succession of injuries, it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t take a chance. Lazaar has had plenty of niggling injuries of late, but we took a chance with him. I would be prepared to take a chance on Onomah next season

Guest wilyfox
31 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Although DC must have sanctioned Lazaar, a known crock. 

Lazaar is probably a freebie - or dirt cheap anyway. On his arse at Newcastle. Bruce implied as much. Why shouldn't we have taken a chance on him given the circumstances?! I probably wouldn't re-sign Lazaar either, for the same reason. Given our injury history the past two years, I wouldn't sign anyone without a squeaky clean bill of health. No guarantees someone won't get injured in the future, but you can at least ensure they arrive in good nick and without previous. 

Edited by wilyfox