A must win game?

Just now, 1867_OWL said:

With Villa in the form they are in an impressive 11 goals in the last 4 matches 

How big a game is this for us is it a must WIN?

I think this will determine our playoff chances.

There all big games what's point of winning villa game then losing rest 

Just now, bladeshater said:

There all big games what's point of winning villa game then losing rest 

We need to realistically win 6 of the last 8 just saying with the form Villa are in a win against them will make things very interesting if only Bristol didn't have the games in hand!

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I think 5 wins and a draw may be enough as long as four of the wins are against Villa, Bristol, Preston and Forest.

Absolutely every game is a must win, but isn't it nice to actually believe that Wednesday could  do just that?  I believe that, maybe it's just more hope, but after the last ~20 years, even hope feels good.   I know, it happened overnight, all of a sudden, amidst the "certain collapse and relegation scrap",  Wednesday emerges from the "wreck" not only alive, but attacking, attacking, attacking.  Wow.  Even the bookies have noticed.

I would be surprised if SWFC wins out, but I'm thinking about it...and, the better the opponent, the better for Wednesday, because if we can't be, and beat, the best in Division 2, handily, what are our chances of another ~10 years in Division 1? 

Bruce is no-nonsense, he takes it one game at a time, and Stoke City are next up, I just hope the International Break, doesn't wreck the momentum...I don't think it will.  

9 hours ago, MotherGoose said:

They all are.

We will probably need to be in even better form than we currently are if we even stand a chance:

DA634B15-4514-4249-B7F8-EE549D3F97E1.jpeg

This chart is based solely on each team's points average across the entire season, not recent form. Nor does it factor which teams are playing which next.

This season we have averaged ~1.447 points per game, equaling ~67 points after 46 games - as shown above.

We definitely have our work cut out for us, but this chart is not indicative of how the run-in is shaping up.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bobness said:

This chart is based solely on each team's points average across the entire season, not recent form. Nor does it factor which teams are playing which next.

This season we have averaged ~1.447 points per game, equaling ~67 points after 46 games - as shown above.

We definitely have our work cut out for us, but this chart is not indicative of how the run-in is shaping up.

Yes it is, notice that the standings in this statistical forecasting plot don't change, because they cannot change according to the data points used to formulate this plot, if everybody keeps performing exactly the same as they have, then nothing can change, but nobody will keep performing as they have, some will drop, some will advance, this is a human game, not a robot game...and we do have our work cut out us, but damned if things aren't looking good, whether or not Wednesday makes the playoffs, this season.

This is the best Wednesday has looked in ~20 years, at least to my mind...which may not be all there, after all, I'm a Wednesday fan, and overseas at that. Tell me that this seasons end doesn't have you thinking positive, either way, playoffs or not.