Liam Palmer, son of Carlton, confirmed!

11 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Journalists these days are awful, can't think of a single one I like.

There were memorable football writers, today there is none. I suspect Internet as ruined art of quality journalism. Also pro footballers are paid to write columns and be pundits and majority of them are very poor.

26 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1436359-three-out-and-two-in-for-scotland-ahead-of-qualifiers/

Three out and two in for Scotland ahead of qualifiers

Peter CassidyPeter Cassidyan hour ago
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Jordan Archer, Barry Bannan and Charlie Mulgrew are out of this month's double header.

McLeish: Will be hoping to pick up six points.
McLeish: Will be hoping to pick up six points. SNS Group

Three players have pulled out of the Scotland squad ahead of this month's double header against San Marino and Kazakhstan.

Millwall goalkeeper Jordan Archer, Sheffield Wednesday's Barry Bannan and Blackburn's Charlie Mulgrew have been replaced by Livingston goalkeeper Liam Kelly and Kilmarnock defender Stuart Findlay.

The national team travel to play Kazakhstan on March 21 before heading off take on San Marino three days later.

Alex McLeish will be hopeful of picking up six points to get off to the best possible start in a group that also includes Russia and Belgium.

Celtic left-back Kieran Tierney could also be a doubt after he was taken off during their 1-0 win over Dundee on Sunday.

On loan Premiership stars Marc McNulty and Oliver Burke have been called up to the squad as has Sheffield Wednesday full back Liam Palmer- whose father Carlton was an England international in the 1990's.

Scott Bain is widely expected to replace Rangers Goalkeeper Allan McGregor who recently announced his international retirement.

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Journalists these days are awful, can't think of a single one I like.

It used to be a profession but with the growth of the internet everyone and their mum can give it a go and with the right blog and the right connections people with very little experience or knowledge can go a long way.

In this case it just makes you wonder where he got the information from in the first place? He obviously didn't get it from anywhere official and even a basic internet search would reveal the link to be nothing more than a joke.

Even then that's not taking into account the fact he has referred to Liam's dad Carlton being an England international. You would have thought that would have rung some alarm bells when he was typing the article......'hmmm, Liam's father is Carlton, the former England international - must have got some Scottish links on his mother's side then, seems legit, I'll leave it at that'. If it is incorrect no doubt my editor will flag it up anyway'.......WTF:

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, Quist said:

There were memorable football writers, today there is none. I suspect Internet as ruined art of quality journalism. Also pro footballers are paid to write columns and be pundits and majority of them are very poor.

Exactly right, it's too easy now for people to open their own website or whatever they do to get their opinions published, they can just make a website put loads of ads on and get paid for writing a load of drivel. That's why I hardly read any papers and I don't read many articles online.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It used to be a profession but with the growth of the internet everyone and their mum can give it a go and with the right blog and the right connections people with very little experience or knowledge can go a long way.

In this case it just makes you wonder where he got the information from in the first place? He obviously didn't get it from anywhere official and even a basic internet search would reveal the link to be nothing more than a joke.

Exactly pal easy money for them, I could probably do it and I would do it better than some of these jokers. I'd just put a bit of care and attention into it. Way too many of these 'journos' about.