How getting rid of Jos has worked.

The most inept manager in my 42 years of following the Owls. We have had some garbage but at least most new what position the players played in and put them there. I have never known a manager here refuse to play his best players to the total detriment of the club. Utter garbage and has cost us dearly. In a poor season we could have challenged the top 3 with a decent manager.

6 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

The most inept manager in my 42 years of following the Owls. We have had some garbage but at least most new what position the players played in and put them there. I have never known a manager here refuse to play his best players to the total detriment of the club. Utter garbage and has cost us dearly. In a poor season we could have challenged the top 3 with a decent manager.

That was Burtenshaw

3 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

Whilst it’s hard to make this not sound condescending, I really do despair at some of posts on here that defended him. He really was hopeless from the get go. Even in the end of season games he won I was less than inspired. 

I have to admit I ashamedly did defend him for a time..based off his record in Germany. But my god towards the end I felt like he was purposefully trying to harm the club. Just sacking him isnt enough for me I want him to answer questions regarding his team selections. Telling us fans we are not the same team as two years ago, when he was half the reason for that! I mean..wtf

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Jos only good point was bringing young players into the first team.

Sadly I am not sure any were good enough for this level.

Its was gallant but youngsters should only be getting in the team if they are better than the other players at your disposal, only Thorniley looks like cutting it.

6 hours ago, roaminowl said:

Is it just me or is this thread stating the bleedin' obvious?

We win/draw more games, the higher up the table we get. Colour me surprised.

Was anybody not aware that we've won/drawn more games since Jos left?

Course we are but when you see the stats and tables in front of you it makes you more aware just how bad he was and how far we've come since he departed.

10 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Jos only good point was bringing young players into the first team.

Sadly I am not sure any were good enough for this level.

That was one of his major failings. They were clearly not good enough, or at best not ready (with the possible exception of Thornilly).