Last 8

Looking at the last 5 games only Villa and Preston are showing better form than us, so win those two games and we've a good chance.

Boro 58 W D L L L
Villa 57 D W W W W
Preston 57 W D W W W
Derby 56 L L W D D
Bristol 55 L L D L D
Owls 55 W D D W W
Forest 54 W L W L D

2 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

Stoke (a) 

Villa (h) 

Forest (h) 

Leeds (a) 

Norwich (a) 

Bristol City (h) 

Preston (a) 

QPR (h) 

So what do we reckon then? Couldn't have asked for a much harder run in. People are starting to take notice of us now and see us as a threat. Others are saying we haven't faced anybody of real quality yet during this run apart from United and Derby, both of which were drawn. If we had a full squad to choose from I'd fancy our chances but unfortunately I think injuries could be our undoing. I won't give up hope though. Bruce reckons we need 6 wins out of 8. 

it's in our own hands in my opinion,with who we have left to play.beat Villa,Preston and Bristol and think wev'e a good chance,not easy but there it is

4 hours ago, SettleForADraw said:

Villa 5th Wednesday 6th. Have a feeling Middlesbrough are going to drop out. 

I think Boro are the ones we need to catch. They are really struggling at the minute. 

Fully expect Villa to continue their upward trajectory and finish in 5th. 

10 hours ago, Blatter said:

Our main threat on current form is probably Villa.

If they go on a winning run we’ll have trouble overtaking them not least because of our poor goal difference.

Beating Villa at Hillsborough will be key to our final position.

But hey Bruce will be more than interested in beating the team that fired him.

Agree about Villa, but I think they'll take Boro's current place as 5th, still leaving 6th for us. 

I love the positivity on here :rolleyes: The pressures on the other teams in all honesty. We’re not expected to be in the mix but one defeat in 16 has put us there yet some on here still expect us to implode. Trust the manager who probably knows the play-offs better than any other who are in the mix apart from Pulis who’s not exactly pulling up trees at the moment :ph34r:.

Edited by Great Big Galaa