Stoke (a) 

Villa (h) 

Forest (h) 

Leeds (a) 

Norwich (a) 

Bristol City (h) 

Preston (a) 

QPR (h) 

So what do we reckon then? Couldn't have asked for a much harder run in. People are starting to take notice of us now and see us as a threat. Others are saying we haven't faced anybody of real quality yet during this run apart from United and Derby, both of which were drawn. If we had a full squad to choose from I'd fancy our chances but unfortunately I think injuries could be our undoing. I won't give up hope though. Bruce reckons we need 6 wins out of 8. 

5 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

Stoke (a) 

Villa (h) 

Forest (h) 

Leeds (a) 

Norwich (a) 

Bristol City (h) 

Preston (a) 

QPR (h) 

So what do we reckon then? Couldn't have asked for a much harder run in. People are starting to take notice of us now and see us as a threat. Others are saying we haven't faced anybody of real quality yet during this run apart from United and Derby, both of which were drawn. If we had a full squad to choose from I'd fancy our chances but unfortunately I think injuries could be our undoing. I won't give up hope though. Bruce reckons we need 6 wins out of 8. 

Away games are really tough, home not too bad. 4 wins maybe out of that lot.

Just now, Owl 44 said:

Stoke (a) 

Villa (h) 

Forest (h) 

Leeds (a) 

Norwich (a) 

Bristol City (h) 

Preston (a) 

QPR (h) 

Bruce actually said 6 wins from 8 before yesterday's game - he missed a game. I think 70 points might be enough for 6th, but who knows. Birmingham were in a good position three weeks ago and they've just lost 4 consecutive games. Middlesbrough and Bristol City's form is shocking and almost relegation standard, and to think we would be 3 points off 5th place 4 weeks ago is a reflection of the closeness of the league.

I don't think injuries are playing much part in it at present, but yes if we pick up anymore we may struggle.

I think we’ll need to win every home game and two away matches.  We can maybe only afford one draw and one loss, so it’s a massive ask.

Beat Stoke, then two cup finals against Villa and Forest.

Winning those three is a big ask and even then we’ll still have a tough job on.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

I think it suits us to play the teams around us. We’ve struggled to put some of the lower teams away, whereas we seem to raise our game against the better sides

Hopefully Bruce’s experience will be the difference in the run in

Guest wilyfox

Very hard run-in. We're on a tidy unbeaten run, but have yet to put a winning run together. Can we win 4 or 5 on the spin to put us right in the shake-up? If we want playoffs, the opportunity is there now because we play the teams around us. We must earn the right to be there. 

Our main threat on current form is probably Villa.

If they go on a winning run we’ll have trouble overtaking them not least because of our poor goal difference.

Beating Villa at Hillsborough will be key to our final position.

But hey Bruce will be more than interested in beating the team that fired him.

If you’re fighting for the playoffs having come up through the pack that’s EXACTLY the run in you want...

You can literally deal hammer blows to the chances of your competitors whilst doing great things for your own

If you fail, then you would have most likely failed in the play offs anyway

• Thanks 1

(a) Stoke         1 - 3

(h) Villa            1 - 1

(h) Forest         2 - 0

(a) Leeds          0 - 1

(a) Norwich      1 - 2

(h) Bristol City   3 - 0

(a) Preston        2 - 2

(a) QPR              4 - 0 

Unbeaten run prevails. As Brucie says, let's enjoy the ride. Packed Hillsborough on 5th May.