The Run Ins

We’ve clearly got the hardest run in (6 tough games out of 8) but that also gives us greatest opportunity to control our own destiny.  IF we have Hutch, FF, Joao all fit for those games (and perhaps even adding Hooper) then it’s def possible - without them it’s simply not going to happen. 

20 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

When Lampard gets sacked. 

Will they be called. Not Frank Lampard's Derby County.

TCPKAFLDC

The Club Previously Known As....

Catchy eh?

Edited by Holmowl
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Heeleyowl said:

We’ve clearly got the hardest run in (6 tough games out of 8) but that also gives us greatest opportunity to control our own destiny.  IF we have Hutch, FF, Joao all fit for those games (and perhaps even adding Hooper) then it’s def possible - without them it’s simply not going to happen. 

It’s imperative we have our best players available, like you I doubt we can make the play offs otherwise.

17 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

It’s imperative we have our best players available, like you I doubt we can make the play offs otherwise.

I had doubts we would win yesterday when Hutchinson went off. Then more doubts we would score another goal once Matias and Nuhiu came on.

Palmer is a International footballer now on merit.

Bruce is turning this big club around, and everyone is turning with it.

Believe......

12 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I had doubts we would win yesterday when Hutchinson went off. Then more doubts we would score another goal once Matias and Nuhiu came on.

Palmer is a International footballer now on merit.

Bruce is turning this big club around, and everyone is turning with it.

Believe......

Yes so far we have coped ok , I just feel we will need our best players against the better teams we have yet to face . Cautious optimism just now but it’s great to be a Wednesday fan again after the previous regime  !! . 

6 hours ago, Quadzilla said:

Average current position of opposition for all run ins

Boro - 9 games at 14.4

Villa - 8 games at 13.125

Preston - 8 games at 12.125

Derby - 9 games at 15

Bristol C - 10 games at 10.7

Us - 8 games at 8.875

Forest - 8 games at 14

Doesn't look great in these terms, but playing Bristol, Villa and Forest at home gives us a real chance to peg them back.

Derby appear to have the easiest run-in but recently they dropped five points at home to us and more surprisingly, Millwall. Those teams at the bottom often pick up points near the end of the season when survival is at stake. Even Ipswich have taken points off Bristol and Forest recently (also WBA!).

Impossible to predict but if (IF) we keep this form up, get a bit of luck and players stay fit I think we will still just miss out. I have Boro on 73, Villa on 73, Derby on 72, us on 71 and PNE and Forest on 70.

Remarkable when you think it's been a terrible season and we've had important players out. Also absolutely heartbreaking. If we'd held out in the two games against West Brom (and we were the best team) we would be in the playoffs. If we'd done the double over Rotherham (which we should have done on paper, but didn't deserve to !!) we'd be in the playoffs. On my calculations of course.

4 hours ago, scilly owl said:

Four six pointers and two games that I actually want The Pigs to win ( Bristol City and Forest).

Strange, nervous, exciting nail biting times ahead but safe in the knowledge that if we don’t sneak into the playoffs next season is going to be one to anticipate with more opium than I’ve had for three years.

Fixed that last part for you