The Run Ins

Looking at the run Ins of those left to fight out the last 2 play off places Derby look to have the easiest. 

Boro are in bad form but that could change at anytime with the squad they have. 

I'm thinking match Villas results and then beat them - we could sneak that last spot. 

In three games time this could be in our own hands, but I think I'd prefer the pressure to be off us - we tend not to do well in them situations. 

But with Forest, Preston, Villa and Bristol City all to play 3 of which are at Home we certainly have a real chance. 

Either way - I am already looking forward to next season. 

11 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

Any good?

11587740-1E56-4893-BA6E-1446CE92601C.jpeg

So, we have skin in all of these next round games, as they say.

Stoke v Wednesday

Boro v Norwich

Villa v Blackburn

Reading v Preston

Lampard v Rotherham

United v Bristol City

Forest v Swansea

A win at a very difficult Stoke would be an immense result, and see us make up ground on several rivals. We need key players fit.

We have to bite the bullet and hope our neighbours do us a favour v Bristol City. Certainly hard to see Bristol taking all 3 points. 

Reading are poor but are fighting for their life, eg an away nil-nil yesterday. Preston are flying so some points dropped at Reading would be brilliant.

Blackburn are useful but, like yesterday, they are like a colander away from home.

Come on you Canaries! Good chance they can take points off a falling Boro.

Surely Lampard can’t drop even more points home to Rotherham? But if he does they are in a proper mess. Cant see it.

1 hour ago, BD2OWL said:

Looking at the run Ins of those left to fight out the last 2 play off places Derby look to have the easiest. 

Boro are in bad form but that could change at anytime with the squad they have. 

I'm thinking match Villas results and then beat them - we could sneak that last spot. 

In three games time this could be in our own hands, but I think I'd prefer the pressure to be off us - we tend not to do well in them situations. 

But with Forest, Preston, Villa and Bristol City all to play 3 of which are at Home we certainly have a real chance. 

Either way - I am already looking forward to next season. 

Think staying in touch/matching Villa until the last 2 games is key. They then finish off with Norwich and Leeds 

What might scupper our hopes with a squad sponsored by BUPA and Elastoplast:-

Saturday

Saturday 

Tuesday

Saturday

Friday

Monday

Saturday

Final Sunday

What a boost it would be if we could ease some players back before much longer.

We've got the hardest run in of all the teams in my opinion. As proven above. We play the most teams in and around us and also two of the top 3 away. 

BUT

It means we technically could have the most influence on other teams. IF we win games against teams placed near us it's more valuable than us just beating bottom half teams. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

We've got the hardest run in of all the teams in my opinion. As proven above. We play the most teams in and around us and also two of the top 3 away. 

BUT

It means we technically could have the most influence on other teams. IF we win games against teams placed near us it's more valuable than us just beating bottom half teams. 

Exactly. Was trying to think of how to put it into words but you've saved me a job! I'll go and have my dinner now instead.

We've got a few proverbial 6 pointers in our run in though, thats for sure.

And sorry to ask yet again, what was Jos doing??????

40 minutes ago, Quadzilla said:

Average current position of opposition for all run ins

Boro - 9 games at 14.4

Villa - 8 games at 13.125

Preston - 8 games at 12.125

Derby - 9 games at 15

Bristol C - 10 games at 10.7

Us - 8 games at 8.875

Forest - 8 games at 14

Pretty easy to see who has the hardest run in then!!

We have by far the hardest run in 8 games left 6 against top 10 sides. If we make play offs Bruce will have earnt every penny of his 40k a week. Tough but we are in form others in and out. Think we must beat Villa Preston Bristol Qpr Stoke and Forest. Do that and we will be in. Anything less would make it unlikely.

9 minutes ago, Cowle70 said:

Pretty easy to see who has the hardest run in then!!

But arguably also the team whose destiny is most in our own hands, playing 4 out of the 6 others in contention whilst in great form.

Edited by The Regulator
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

So, we have skin in all of these next round games, as they say.

Stoke v Wednesday

Boro v Norwich

Villa v Blackburn

Reading v Preston

Lampard v Rotherham

United v Bristol City

Forest v Swansea

A win at a very difficult Stoke would be an immense result, and see us make up ground on several rivals. We need key players fit.

We have to bite the bullet and hope our neighbours do us a favour v Bristol City. Certainly hard to see Bristol taking all 3 points. 

Reading are poor but are fighting for their life, eg an away nil-nil yesterday. Preston are flying so some points dropped at Reading would be brilliant.

Blackburn are useful but, like yesterday, they are like a colander away from home.

Come on you Canaries! Good chance they can take points off a falling Boro.

Surely Lampard can’t drop even more points home to Rotherham? But if he does they are in a proper mess. Cant see it.

Preston Bristol and us have the hardest run in if any of us come through this period holding our they would deserve a play off spot 

if we can keep in touch with villa and Franks derby until the end looking at both their last two fixtures I think we could sneak a spot 

this is going to have more turns to it than a poorly organised Caberet night 

Four six pointers and two games that I actually want The Pigs to win ( Bristol City and Forest).

Strange, nervous, exciting nail biting times ahead but safe in the knowledge that if we don’t sneak into the playoffs next season is going to be one to anticipate with more optimum than I’ve had for three years.