Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Sixteen games since Jos - WWDDWWDDDWWLDDWW

 

W8. D7. L1. GF20. GA11. Pts31

 

Sixteen games prior - LDLWLDLLLLWDDWLD

 

W3. D5. L8. GF18. GA31. Pts14

 

From relegation form to automatic form. Fantastic. We have Bruce’s famous squeak of a chance, but if we don’t quite make it this year I would look forward to next season with huge anticipation and optimism.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the general opinion was that we needed a mass clear out in the summer, but it's clear now that isn't necessary. We just needed a proper manager. There are numerous out of contract players that will leave; hopefully Westwood and Palmer will get new deals, Aarons and Hector can be signed up and I think another 3 or 4 astute transfers/loans will give us a squad that can challenge.

 

(Of course, if our dream becomes a reality this season, then the above isn't applicable.)

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that goals scored is almost the same yet defensively so much better.

 

For all the talk of Jos being a disciplinarian and will get them fit compared to CC, workrate and desire have been the big changes for me.

 

Players putting a shift in and showing commitment is the bare minimum but it’s great to see it actually happening.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Said it many times when he was still here, the players looked completely confused under Jos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still need personnel changes in the summer for me, outside Fletcher I wouldn’t want to go into a new season with any of our other forwards as first choice. Need all the midfield players that didn’t start yesterday to go. That also pretty much goes for the defence. I also think Steve Bruce knows this. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think we need a clear out as squad size is miles too large and with FFP/ P&S unsustainable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Credit to Bruce, he knows what’s needed in this league However, as Bullen showed, poor old Jos was totally inept, something that was apparent to some of us from the off This squad was never as bad as the performances under the Dutchman suggested

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reality check for Jos, however clever he thought he was, you just cant burn bridges. 

 

A managers job is to unite the team, make them the strongest possible unit. Not strip them down to bare bones and watch them struggle.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Said it many times when he was still here, the players looked completely confused under Jos.

I was confused too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Credit to Bruce, he knows what’s needed in this league However, as Bullen showed, poor old Jos was totally inept, something that was apparent to some of us from the off This squad was never as bad as the performances under the Dutchman suggested

 

I must admit, I was one of the ones asking to give him more time initially on the back of last seasons run in. Hold my hands up, I got it wrong and as such can’t blame DC for not pulling the trigger sooner.

 

looking back, I can’t beleive how bad it was and how many glaring errors Jos made. 

 

Bruce appears to have instilled a confidence and togetherness from day one which is a remarkable achievement. We are far from the finished article but will enjoy the end of this season irrespective of the outcome.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Said it many times when he was still here, the players looked completely confused under Jos.

I thought that Jos looked more confused than the players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Jos never actually existed, what we saw was a fibre glass model of him in the dug out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

 

I must admit, I was one of the ones asking to give him more time initially on the back of last seasons run in. Hold my hands up, I got it wrong and as such can’t blame DC for not pulling the trigger sooner.

 

looking back, I can’t beleive how bad it was and how many glaring errors Jos made. 

 

Bruce appears to have instilled a confidence and togetherness from day one which is a remarkable achievement. We are far from the finished article but will enjoy the end of this season irrespective of the outcome.

Yes, not the finished article, but Bruce immediately addressed the key areas where were lacking, namely pace. To be honest, it wasn’t  difficult to identify those weaknesses, we could all see them. Jos though, was responsible for bringing Hector to the club, and he’s been massive

Edited by gurujuan
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Said it many times when he was still here, the players looked completely confused under Jos.

The supporters too !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our set pieces gave also seen a massive up turn, well from my point of view. We look dangerous and even when we haven't scored the ball has dropped in a dangerous area.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Sixteen games since Jos - WWDDWWDDDWWLDDWW

 

W8. D7. L1. GF20. GA11. Pts31

 

Sixteen games prior - LDLWLDLLLLWDDWLD

 

W3. D5. L8. GF18. GA31. Pts14

 

From relegation form to automatic form. Fantastic. We have Bruce’s famous squeak of a chance, but if we don’t quite make it this year I would look forward to next season with huge anticipation and optimism.

Love your positivity mate.

 

The sheer contrast between Jos's bizarre incompetence and the results it delivered and the turnaround since Bullen took over and Bruce's tenure have transformed a dire season into a pretty exciting one.

 

Can't really see us going up this year but am now really looking forward to next!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Jos got abit Billy big b*llocks after gradually turning it around last season and started to think he could do what he wanted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on - to be fair to Jos, as your stats show, 2 wins in the last 6 - he was starting to turn things around.               :Sid::Sid::Sid:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20190317175147.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So only 2 defeats in our last 22 games?

 

That's class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...