What a transformation

Sixteen games since Jos - WWDDWWDDDWWLDDWW

W8. D7. L1. GF20. GA11. Pts31

Sixteen games prior - LDLWLDLLLLWDDWLD

W3. D5. L8. GF18. GA31. Pts14

From relegation form to automatic form. Fantastic. We have Bruce’s famous squeak of a chance, but if we don’t quite make it this year I would look forward to next season with huge anticipation and optimism.

I think the general opinion was that we needed a mass clear out in the summer, but it's clear now that isn't necessary. We just needed a proper manager. There are numerous out of contract players that will leave; hopefully Westwood and Palmer will get new deals, Aarons and Hector can be signed up and I think another 3 or 4 astute transfers/loans will give us a squad that can challenge.

(Of course, if our dream becomes a reality this season, then the above isn't applicable.)

Still need personnel changes in the summer for me, outside Fletcher I wouldn’t want to go into a new season with any of our other forwards as first choice. Need all the midfield players that didn’t start yesterday to go. That also pretty much goes for the defence. I also think Steve Bruce knows this. 

• Like 1

Credit to Bruce, he knows what’s needed in this league However, as Bullen showed, poor old Jos was totally inept, something that was apparent to some of us from the off This squad was never as bad as the performances under the Dutchman suggested

12 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

I must admit, I was one of the ones asking to give him more time initially on the back of last seasons run in. Hold my hands up, I got it wrong and as such can’t blame DC for not pulling the trigger sooner.

looking back, I can’t beleive how bad it was and how many glaring errors Jos made. 

Bruce appears to have instilled a confidence and togetherness from day one which is a remarkable achievement. We are far from the finished article but will enjoy the end of this season irrespective of the outcome.

Yes, not the finished article, but Bruce immediately addressed the key areas where were lacking, namely pace. To be honest, it wasn’t  difficult to identify those weaknesses, we could all see them. Jos though, was responsible for bringing Hector to the club, and he’s been massive

Edited by gurujuan

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Sixteen games since Jos - WWDDWWDDDWWLDDWW

W8. D7. L1. GF20. GA11. Pts31

Sixteen games prior - LDLWLDLLLLWDDWLD

W3. D5. L8. GF18. GA31. Pts14

From relegation form to automatic form. Fantastic. We have Bruce’s famous squeak of a chance, but if we don’t quite make it this year I would look forward to next season with huge anticipation and optimism.

Love your positivity mate.

The sheer contrast between Jos's bizarre incompetence and the results it delivered and the turnaround since Bullen took over and Bruce's tenure have transformed a dire season into a pretty exciting one.

Can't really see us going up this year but am now really looking forward to next!

• Like 1

Jos will go down as one of the worst managers that this club has ever seen.

The man was f00king useless.

Constantly changing tactics, formations, line ups...It was absolutely bonkers.

How on earth he had the relative success in Germany prior is beyond me. 

What a plank. 

3 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

Still need personnel changes in the summer for me, outside Fletcher I wouldn’t want to go into a new season with any of our other forwards as first choice. Need all the midfield players that didn’t start yesterday to go. That also pretty much goes for the defence. I also think Steve Bruce knows this. 

spot on bud,especially the forwards,very limited we are even when all fit Fletcher apart