Westwood.

7 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

Funny how he was the overpaid mistake riddled old crock who should be 'got rid of' in every transfer window according to most of Owlstalk not so long ago.

So happy hes back where he belongs saving us vital points and the numptys werent listened to.

I think "most" people were shouting for him to be back on the team and wondering what the hell jos was playing at.

You might have had the odd numpty saying get rid but no way were "most of owlstalk" saying that

7 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

Funny how he was the overpaid mistake riddled old crock who should be 'got rid of' in every transfer window according to most of Owlstalk not so long ago.

So happy hes back where he belongs saving us vital points and the numptys werent listened to.

For the record in my opinion, hes the best keeper in my many years of watching SWFC

Edited by wakefieldowl

32 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I agree with your last sentence but would we have done as well with them under Jos? I don't think so . Bruce is the difference. Attitudes changed, confidence boosted, tactics stable. 

Jo's couldn't or wouldn't do that.

Agree Bruce is the difference and Jos was the problem and I haven't really any confidence that with them in the team under Jos that we would have suddenly been better but I guess the decision to drop them was one of many reasons we were so poor under him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Throughout my time following Wednesday we've been blessed with some quality keepers, Bolder, Turner, Hodge, Woods, Carson and my all time favourite Pressman to name but a few but I'm starting to think this lad is better than them all.

Absolutely head and shoulders above anything in our league and I include the current England no 2 Butland in that.

It's no coincidence that our results and form have turned round since his his return to the squad.

Absolutely needs tying down to a long term contract with the option of coaching once he hangs up his gloves.

Fantastic again yesterday, crucial save at 1-0 and helps lay the foundations for our team to go and win comfortably.

Please Mr C we have fecked about enough this season, lets get this sorted asap.

like i said ages ago if Westwood plays Lees will improve,still think Westwood should be captain,don't think Lees is vocal enough

this its obvious since that total fool has gone (jos) that we have a settled back 4 and westwood organising them along with Hutchinson in front of them we have gone from the worst side in the league for conceding to the best . what worries me though is once Hutchinson went off we had a very weak midfield and lets hope he will be back in 2 weeks if not that's the difference from us making the playoffs or not . 

• Like 1

We have been blessed with decent keepers but not one on your list will ever eclipse Martin Hodge for me 

Easily the best keeper in my time watching Wednesday 

Westwood is up there with the rest though 

13 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

8 hours ago, james o connor said:

Didn’t quite put it like that but I was one who thought his time was done . Seems that wasn’t the case and I was wrong . It’s not being a numpty , it’s having a view , right or wrong . 

So, that's one poster who has graciously admitted that he made an error of judgement. This is going to be a very long thread by the time 'most of Owlstalk' do likewise.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Stoop said:

Yeah but that hobbit from Alan Biggs’ Sheffield live show says he’s a crock and a trouble causer 

:duntmatter:

No he really has been outstanding since his return 

James Gregg, pig fan.

He said that he knew for a fact Bruce hated Westwood and he'd not play a minute under Bruce. :ghoulguy:

On 17/03/2019 at 01:16, acquiescefc said:

Agreed. 

Dawson is the messiah and all that. 

The thing with Westwood compared to the other keepers we’ve had and the ones we have now, isn’t always the technical ability as they have all been good keepers capable of consistently making big saves (Dawson included) but he just has a bit of an attitude or presence to him that is difficult to replicate and it seems to make everyone else that bit more confident. He’s a leader.

• Like 1

Westwood has improved week by week since his return and is now up to former standards. Daft as it seems think his absence from team allowed niggles he was pestered with to heal properly and now playing without any issues we are seeing the best of him. he probably suits us as we have had a relative quiet on the field presence and Westwood adds something in he lets them know if they are falling short. 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

I would be very surprised at that. The amount of clean sheets Westwood has kept is different class. What more could Bruce realistically want in a keeper? 

The inference would be to blame DC if we were to lose westwood,my inference would be what if Bruce decides we want/need different,ya can't be blaming mr chairman can ya.