Westwood.

Throughout my time following Wednesday we've been blessed with some quality keepers, Bolder, Turner, Hodge, Woods, Carson and my all time favourite Pressman to name but a few but I'm starting to think this lad is better than them all.

Absolutely head and shoulders above anything in our league and I include the current England no 2 Butland in that.

It's no coincidence that our results and form have turned round since his his return to the squad.

Absolutely needs tying down to a long term contract with the option of coaching once he hangs up his gloves.

Fantastic again yesterday, crucial save at 1-0 and helps lay the foundations for our team to go and win comfortably.

Please Mr C we have fecked about enough this season, lets get this sorted asap.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Funny how he was the overpaid mistake riddled old crock who should be 'got rid of' in every transfer window according to most of Owlstalk not so long ago.

So happy hes back where he belongs saving us vital points and the numptys werent listened to.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

Funny how he was the overpaid mistake riddled old crock who should be 'got rid of' in every transfer window according to most of Owlstalk not so long ago.

So happy hes back where he belongs saving us vital points and the numptys werent listened to.

Glad its not only me thats noticed .

He’s up there with the best keepers we’ve had for sure, incredibly hard call but if I had to call it I’d put him a close second behind Pressman for me , mainly down to Kev having played most of his prime in the Premier League and Westwood just falling shy of cutting it at the top level 

He's got some great physical attributes for sure and he's an excellent shot-stopper. I agree that he's certainly played a big part in our upturn of form.

Where I think he really excels though is the talking!!! He is 100% totally in control of the area, he's constantly and accurately reading the game for the defence in front of him and barking orders accordingly. He's an absolute master at it.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

He's got some great physical attributes for sure and he's an excellent shot-stopper. I agree that he's certainly played a big part in our upturn of form.

Where I think he really excels though is the talking!!! He is 100% totally in control of the area, he's constantly and accurately reading the game for the defence in front of him and barking orders accordingly. He's an absolute master at it.

And that my friend is what separates great goalkeepers from good goalkeepers.

5 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Throughout my time following Wednesday we've been blessed with some quality keepers, Bolder, Turner, Hodge, Woods, Carson and my all time favourite Pressman to name but a few but I'm starting to think this lad is better than them all.

Absolutely head and shoulders above anything in our league and I include the current England no 2 Butland in that.

It's no coincidence that our results and form have turned round since his his return to the squad.

Absolutely needs tying down to a long term contract with the option of coaching once he hangs up his gloves.

Fantastic again yesterday, crucial save at 1-0 and helps lay the foundations for our team to go and win comfortably.

Please Mr C we have fecked about enough this season, lets get this sorted asap.

Forgot to add, Wednesday fan, as are his kids. New Contract, done. 

5 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

Didn’t quite put it like that but I was one who thought his time was done . Seems that wasn’t the case and I was wrong . It’s not being a numpty , it’s having a view , right or wrong . 

• Like 3

I think many on here (including me) foolishly trusted the view of Jos Luhukay when it came to leaving out certain players, after all he saw what what going on in training every day, and if players weren’t playing there must have been a good reason right? Turns out the only reason was that he was a stubborn petty useless helmet who put his own agendas infront of what was best for the football club

Edited by Stoop
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Didn’t quite put it like that but I was one who thought his time was done . Seems that wasn’t the case and I was wrong . It’s not being a numpty , it’s having a view , right or wrong . 

Numpty lol

• Haha 1

I thought we should have cashed in as we had two excellent young keepers coming through. Westwood wasn't in very good form that season and had injuries too.

Having seen half a season of Dawson and half Westwood that view was now obviously wrong. Westwood is back to his best and it's great to see.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

I thought we should have cashed in as we had two excellent young keepers coming through. Westwood wasn't in very good form that season and had injuries too.

Having seen half a season of Dawson and half Westwood that view was now obviously wrong. Westwood is back to his best and it's great to see.

Tbf to Dawson though he wasn’t helped by having a consistently different defence and formation infront of him every game

Edited by Stoop

1 minute ago, Stoop said:

Tbf to Dawson though he wasn’t helped by having a consistently different defence and formation infront of him every game

I think it's more that no ginger lad could play well or command respect in that turquoise and yellow kit. Westwood has styled it up with the black shorts.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Morepork said:

I agree. This has a massive 

I can remember not so long back a member on this forum was trying to tell me he was old and “possibly past it” as he hadn’t played much!! 

Its between him n pressman for the best goal keeper in my life time 

He is a class keeper.

I said earlier in the season that I felt the defence had no confidence in Dawson and it showed. Dawson is a decent keeper and will have a good career but Westwood is on another level. 

Having him and Hutchinson back in the side is one of the big reasons for our season turning round. I just hope we can keep him next season.

• Thanks 2