Only United and Norwich

Guest Hirst1867

I can only assume Jos was told we would be under a transfer embargo and our only option for next season was to play the kids. That would explain him putting them in the first team early to give them experience ready for next year when they would be all he had.

The only other explanation is that he's an idiot and his past record suggests that's not the case. While ever we were clear of relegation it would make sense to get the kids as much game time as possible if we weren't likely to get promotion this year.

As it turns out promotion was possible this year if we played to our strengths.

Whatever the reason was I'm glad Bruce is in charge now.

15 hours ago, Hirst1867 said:

Got more points in the Championship since Jos was sacked

Jos an absolute cheeky monkey of the highest order . As was every idiot on here blaming everybody but him

The squad was past it's sell by date

Hutch and Westwood need to go

Playing the youngsters is the best thing that's happened to the club

Dawson the future, and Westwood 3rd choice

Idiots. If we'd run Jos out of town earlier we'd be sat in the play offs now

The credit for our current position goes to every fan who attended that fans forum at Hillsborough and shouted down the Chairman and bullied him into sacking the manager and reinstating Hutch and Westwood into the side. 

The transformation is incredible. Onwards

Still don’t think anybody with a background could be that stupid unless there were other things going on behind the scenes, just to clarify I wanted Jos out in October and Carlos out after the Huddersfield play off second leg .

20 hours ago, doubleo said:

Brucie wasn't available at the beginning of the season in anycase. Just a shame we couldn't get him a couple of years ago when we had plenty of cash. What a difference this man has made.

Yes think it was around March or April just before our 2nd play off campaign that Bruce went to villa. At the time I was moaning vehemently about Carlos, even though we soon went on a run to the playoffs. 

If we'd nabbed Bruce then from under villa's nose, things could potentially be much rosier but it would have been a tad harsh on Carlos. 

2 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

Yes think it was around March or April just before our 2nd play off campaign that Bruce went to villa. At the time I was moaning vehemently about Carlos, even though we soon went on a run to the playoffs. 

If we'd nabbed Bruce then from under villa's nose, things could potentially be much rosier but it would have been a tad harsh on Carlos. 

Having thought about it, maybe, hopefully, we've got SB at the right time for him. He had such a sh*tty year whilst at Villa, losing both his parents etc, it's got to take something out of you. So he's come to us, rested, refreshed and ready for the challenge.

• Like 1

On 16/03/2019 at 22:10, Hirst1867 said:

Got more points in the Championship since Jos was sacked

Jos an absolute cheeky monkey of the highest order . As was every idiot on here blaming everybody but him

The squad was past it's sell by date

Hutch and Westwood need to go

Playing the youngsters is the best thing that's happened to the club

Dawson the future, and Westwood 3rd choice

Idiots. If we'd run Jos out of town earlier we'd be sat in the play offs now

The credit for our current position goes to every fan who attended that fans forum at Hillsborough and shouted down the Chairman and bullied him into sacking the manager and reinstating Hutch and Westwood into the side. 

The transformation is incredible. Onwards

“Reyt good at minute! Love it!”

”Pfft. Meh.”

”What?”

”Can’t gi’ o’er thinkin’ baht when it weren’t.”

:duntmatter:

Edited by Mr. Tom

On 17/03/2019 at 13:37, prowl said:

I can only assume Jos was told we would be under a transfer embargo and our only option for next season was to play the kids. That would explain him putting them in the first team early to give them experience ready for next year when they would be all he had.

The only other explanation is that he's an idiot and his past record suggests that's not the case. While ever we were clear of relegation it would make sense to get the kids as much game time as possible if we weren't likely to get promotion this year.

As it turns out promotion was possible this year if we played to our strengths.

Whatever the reason was I'm glad Bruce is in charge now.

Agree with all of that, there was obviously method in his madness but the execution was just all wrong. He should have been using the established players to help bring through youngsters and made them feel included. After Carlos’ absolute disregard for our youth team the expectation of new blood was an exciting prospect and could have invigorated the squad if it was an evolution rather than revolution. No player is happy not playing but Jos drove a wedge in the squad that made his sacking inevitable. I’d still like Bruce to persevere with introducing younger players & would hope he’d do it far more sensibly than his predecessors.

Things are great under Bruce right now, but it’s not rare for a team to overperform for a while when a new manager comes in, or for players to decide to put more in when they are near the end of their contract.

Let’s see what happens next season.

TBF I thought Jos did an ok job in the second half of last season. we even beat Norwich 5-1. This season, his unwillingness to use quality players such as Hutch and Westwood because he didn't see them as the future, was frankly crazy. They were being paid so use them. In the end the team was playing uninspired football and it was a relief to see him go.

On 17/03/2019 at 13:27, Bark1062 said:

He did play Hutchinson at start of season, obviously had a spat at Brentford with Hutch who was then banished.

The playing youngsters who were quite obviously not ready for the step up & expecting Tom Lees to play like Ramos , Jos was quite clearly a charlatan. Square pegs in round holes come to mind.

I don't know whether jos was a 'charlatan' or not, I just couldn't weigh the guy up, but in their defence neither he nor coco appointed themselves.