Only United and Norwich

Guest Hirst1867

Guest Hirst1867

Got more points in the Championship since Jos was sacked

Jos an absolute cheeky monkey of the highest order . As was every idiot on here blaming everybody but him

The squad was past it's sell by date

Hutch and Westwood need to go

Playing the youngsters is the best thing that's happened to the club

Dawson the future, and Westwood 3rd choice

Idiots. If we'd run Jos out of town earlier we'd be sat in the play offs now

The credit for our current position goes to every fan who attended that fans forum at Hillsborough and shouted down the Chairman and bullied him into sacking the manager and reinstating Hutch and Westwood into the side. 

The transformation is incredible. Onwards

Guest Hirst1867
2 minutes ago, alfonso123 said:

If we'd sacked Jos sooner, Bruce wouldn't have been available.

Bullen was. And he was better

1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

If Jos had played Westwood and Hutchinson from the start of the season he'd probably have a job still, wtf was he thinking. 

He wanted to play out from the back didn't he. Most premier league teams struggle to do that. Why managers think it will work in the championship with average on the ball defenders is beyond me.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

He wanted to play out from the back didn't he. Most premier league teams struggle to do that. Why managers think it will work in the championship with average on the ball defenders is beyond me.

Hector and Lees trying to pass out makes me feel Ill, Hector's distribution is horrendous. Luckily Bruce has got them doing what they are good at. 

10 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Norwich and Leeds seem to do it ok 

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

If Jos had played Westwood and Hutchinson from the start of the season he'd probably have a job still, wtf was he thinking. 

He was clearly told he couldn't play Westwood, Hutch is a different story all together. 

Thankfully Brucey is far from a yes man. 

11 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Norwich and Leeds seem to do it ok 

Norwich and Leeds play with tempo and try and go forward with every pass.

We aimlessly played it around the back four before getting tackled and the opposition having a shot.

The only similarly aimless approach I’ve seen this year is from Swansea.  A better coach would have that Swansea squad top 6 no problem.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hirst1867 said:

Got more points in the Championship since Jos was sacked

Jos an absolute cheeky monkey of the highest order . As was every idiot on here blaming everybody but him

The squad was past it's sell by date

Hutch and Westwood need to go

Playing the youngsters is the best thing that's happened to the club

Dawson the future, and Westwood 3rd choice

Idiots. If we'd run Jos out of town earlier we'd be sat in the play offs now

The credit for our current position goes to every fan who attended that fans forum at Hillsborough and shouted down the Chairman and bullied him into sacking the manager and reinstating Hutch and Westwood into the side. 

The transformation is incredible. Onwards

I’m assuming that you’re fishing, however, you can twist the argument a thousand ways to get your answer. We’ll never know whether it was Jos or Mr C that decided that Westwood and Hutchinson shouldn’t play and I think whoever it was had us all fooled for a while. It’s futile to discuss - we’ll just go round in circles. 

Jos is gone now - thank god. It’s time to move on. Everyone seems to be thinking sensibly now Bruce is here. The future is bright. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Hector and Lees trying to pass out makes me feel Ill, Hector's distribution is horrendous. Luckily Bruce has got them doing what they are good at. 

every player at a club should be (in training) working on his weak links, however in relation to our back line, ball control, and short sideways, and slightly forward passing, it's like 'pass the parcel' with a bomb.

I heard a former liverpoo' defender once say early in games they were encouraged to go long (perhaps down the flanks), as they didn't want to be caught on the ball when the opposition forwards had the 'first wind'.

you are incredibly unlikely to score a goal in the next 5 seconds when you're passing it around your own backline inside your own half, but are more likely to concede in the next 5 seconds, so why do it?

it's the 'emperors new clothes', it 'maybe' working for l**ds and norwich, but there's a lot out there it's not working for.

up until now the opposition we have under bruce  have had a greater % of the ball than us in general, but if they're just ****ing about with it, 'trying to look good' and waiting for an opening, then any side with a 'good shape' will slow them down, as we were.

12 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

I noticed in the last few weeks at Hillsborough both Swansea and Brentford persisting in taking short goal kicks but looking absolutely hopeless at them, which reminded me of when we used to try and do it. Just gerrit daaarn pitch! 

It takes a team of good players , comfortable in possession to pass from the back . If you have control of the ball the opposition can’t score . I prefer to mix it but I also like to see teams with good , fast passing and movement Man City being the prime example . I become quite nervous when we start knocking it about in defence and I’m relieved when the ball is in the opponents half !! , Play to our strengths it’s working so far . 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

He did play Hutchinson at start of season, obviously had a spat at Brentford with Hutch who was then banished.

The playing youngsters who were quite obviously not ready for the step up & expecting Tom Lees to play like Ramos , Jos was quite clearly a charlatan. Square pegs in round holes come to mind.