Villa

Forest

Bristol

Preston

It's good that we have to play the club's fighting for a playoff place. 

It will help the team to raise their game. Each of those matches is a 6 pointer and we will not necessarily have to rely on other teams doing us a favour. It will bring out the best in the players and scrappy 1 - 0 will do in each match. Every point we take off one of the above is one less for them. I know he above is stating the obvious but I would rather us be playing top teams than lower teams. 

Norwich and Leeds might be under pressure for the top 2 and could be full of nerves 

Last match against QPR and we could change our Goal difference. Hopefully.

Everything now positive and going upwards instead of downwards. And to think it wasn't long ago we were fearing being in the bottom 3.

What a turn round Super Bruce has made.

• Agree 3

Its in our own hand to a large degree .

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

Its in our own hand to a large degree .

Agreed. 

You put it in far fewer words than me. lol

• Haha 2

4 double pointers which will be crucial.

We can take at least 8 points from this lot

On 16/03/2019 at 20:25, A12owl said:

Villa

Forest

Bristol

Preston

It's good that we have to play the club's fighting for a playoff place. 

It will help the team to raise their game. Each of those matches is a 6 pointer and we will not necessarily have to rely on other teams doing us a favour. It will bring out the best in the players and scrappy 1 - 0 will do in each match. Every point we take off one of the above is one less for them. I know he above is stating the obvious but I would rather us be playing top teams than lower teams. 

Norwich and Leeds might be under pressure for the top 2 and could be full of nerves 

Last match against QPR and we could change our Goal difference. Hopefully.

Everything now positive and going upwards instead of downwards. And to think it wasn't long ago we were fearing being in the bottom 3.

What a turn round Super Bruce has made.

Fair point.

Assuming we don’t lose to Stoke (!!!) the Villa game becomes almost a Play-Off. If we win that one Forest becomes the next play-off etc..

If nothing else we have extended our season.In the words of your neighbour, Alan Partridge, it had become moribund.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Boro still have to play Bristol and forest, the Bristol game is not long after the I international break

Derby have Bristol, wbrom and brentford and brum the first game back they play rotherham so that should be a good scrap

Villa have a harder run they have Leeds and Norwich final 2 games unless its wrapped up by that time for them, they also play Bristol and us 

All in all bristol city have the worst run in playing nearly everyone around them and they are not as solid as we are

Edit-- actually I changed my mind we have the hardest run in lol nothing we can't handle we have beat all these on our worst day

Edited by stocksyuto

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Fair point.

Assuming we don’t lose to Stoke (!!!) the Villa game becomes almost a Play-Off. If we win that one Forest becomes the next play-off etc..

If nothing else we have extended our season.In the words of your neighbour, Alan Partridge, it had become moribund.

I am pleased to say that Mr Partridge is not my neighbour. He's more overrated than the Wildthing from S2.

His performance on Comic Relief was Cringeworthy. 

Anyway I'm glad we have difficult games to come rather than ones which are seen to be "easy" . Complacency would be a danger. Bruce will have everybody (those that can still walk) on their toes and ready for battle. lol

• Haha 1

In other words, we’re in with a squeak.

• Haha 2

There is a lot of football to be played before the season ends..There will no doubt be lots of odd results, but I do believe that on current form we have no one to fear the future is in our own hands..

Bring it on let’s all enjoy the ride,

in Steve Bruce we trust...

UTO

8 hours ago, JackSWFC said:

In other words, we’re in with a squeak.

That was a new term from Bruce wasn't it?

Not heard it before. lol

It's in an incredibly difficult run in and will be a 'Roy of the Rovers' or perhaps 'Bruce of the Wednesday' achievement if we pinch 6th.

But if the Shoreham unwashed fail to make the top 2 it could be the 'mother of all seasons' 

I can almost smell their fear.... 

lol

Add Leeds and Norwich to those fixtures... we've got a tough run-in!