Well done Wednesday. But kieran Lee...

4 hours ago, Joburgowl said:

Kieran Lee was my absolute favourite player in the playoff final season under Carlos. Absolutely immense, and I told my fellow Owls fans in Johannesburgtgat he was the player that the entire team revolved around. 

He was.

WAS....hard to stomach and accept but his career is unfortunately over. A fantastic figure, he epitomized everything that was great about that team. I will always have fond memories of him. One of the greatest central midfielders we have had in the last 30 years, and it’s an utter travesty that his career has been blighted by injury in recent times.

I’ll never forget him, brought in as a defender originally and owned the midfield like an absolute boss, will be sorely missed.

Some good points in my opinion. I genuinely feel he'd have held his own in the early 90s Wednesday side. I rate him that highly. Great to watch in our midfield. But I can't see him coming back. 

7 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

8 games to go and his contract is up at the end of it why wouldn't we right him off ? What team would be crazy enough to sign a player who's been out for this long  absolutely best player him and Hooper but time to let go 

There isn't some magical thing where players just vanish when there contracts are up... If he's progressing well physically ide suspect us to offer him a one year contract based heavily on games played..Bruce said he would be patient..he didn't say it doesn't matter because he's off in the summer anyway, let's wait and see

And I know there's a big age difference (although Lee isn't exactly old), but as for saying what team would be crazy enough to sign players out for so long, you should ask Hutchinson about that

Edited by keepitsteel89
  • Like 1

You know, normally when a player leaves us I don't really care what happens with their career.  It's a bit different with Lee.  He was my favourite player.  His drive and energy in midfield was so important to us.  He made us play ten years higher up the pitch and he knew how to score.  That goal against Bristol City when we won 3-2 was brilliant.  

Unfortunately I think Lee is done here.  If he continues playing and gets a contract elsewhere I would wish him nothing but the best with the rest of his career.

I spoke to him before xmas and he wernt training then ,I think every time he tries to push his comeback on he gets pains that's what I think . he has been seen on exercise bikes on swfc promo stuff but never seen him with other players on grass, think he did some stuff running etc at one point but he aint coming back that's the reality ,he was told to retire some months ago and sadly that's what will be happening this summer. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I spoke to him before xmas and he wernt training then ,I think every time he tries to push his comeback on he gets pains that's what I think . he has been seen on exercise bikes on swfc promo stuff but never seen him with other players on grass, think he did some stuff running etc at one point but he aint coming back that's the reality ,he was told to retire some months ago and sadly that's what will be happening this summer. 

sad and a great loss for us, even far, far worse of course for him.

12 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Lee is finished, he won't even be up to this level after the amount of time he's had out. If he somehow recovers he'll be playing in League One at best. 

Think you need to pass on your knowledge of injuries to the experts at Hillsborough because they are trying for no apparent reason to get him fit !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If Lee can get fit again it would be great even if he has to play at a lower level.

If he is finished the least we could do is give him a testimonial so the fans can show their appreciation of one of their favourite players. He will have ruined his career in trying to help the club gain promotion. We owe him something.

37 minutes ago, prowl said:

If Lee can get fit again it would be great even if he has to play at a lower level.

If he is finished the least we could do is give him a testimonial so the fans can show their appreciation of one of their favourite players. He will have ruined his career in trying to help the club gain promotion. We owe him something.

he's working on getting fit, he is running outside just hasn't joined in training yet, he's not in pain and feels good. Mentally it's tough but he'll get there.                                                  he will be walking his daughter round the pitch at end of season which may well be his goodbye

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stoop said:

I’d like to know why many posters on here keep saying that his career is over

He had a hip problem which we were told was sorted out, he then played half an hour with the under 23s and got a completely new injury (thigh?)

People are too quick to write him off. Brit Asombalonga’s leg fell off the other year and he’s managed to get back playing so there’s no reason why Keiren Lee won’t 

Absolutely spot on. This latest set back will also have helped his hip back to 100%.

19 hours ago, Sheff44 said:

Great result again, loving how we've performed recently. Surprised and elated.

But what's the latest on kieran Lee?

I think if he came back, the ridiculous reality of us getting into play offs could happen lol.

Have you borrowed your carers phone?

4 hours ago, the monk said:

Think you need to pass on your knowledge of injuries to the experts at Hillsborough because they are trying for no apparent reason to get him fit !

It's hardly rocket science is it, anyone thinking he's coming back probably falls for those Nigerian internet scams. 

21 hours ago, Sheff44 said:

Great result again, loving how we've performed recently. Surprised and elated.

But what's the latest on kieran Lee?

I think if he came back, the ridiculous reality of us getting into play offs could happen lol.

Go back to modelling you’re lasses underwear pig 

F01A1ADA-5091-4E5A-9F3A-6BF8E9155FC6.gif.1def6ea79a0c3dd291bf0a3e906e55e8.gif