• Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Winnall
    • Aarons
    • Pelupessy
    • Nuhiu
    • Matias

2 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Westwood - 7 - Really smart save to deny Dack in the 1st half, and did his job in difficult conditions. At no fault for either goal.

Iorfa - 8 - Another performance which will make him a Cult Hero at Hillsborough. Brilliant overlap and ball across for the 1st goal, and in the right place at the right time for his goal. Did alright defensively, up against a very good player in Rothwell. 

Lees - 7 - On the whole a decent display, but his indecision had an impact on Blackburn's 2nd. Should've tackled Dack when he had the chance, hesitated and allowed Dack to slip Bennett in. 

Hector - 8 - Another classy display from Big'Ec. Calm and composed, and produced some good blocks/tackles to deny some potential goalscoring opportunities. Should've scored however. 

Palmer - 7 - Another steady display. Exuding confidence defensively. 

Hutchinson - N/A - Real blow if this hamstring injury keeps him out. Without him, I don't think we've got enough.

Bannan - 8 - Man of the Match - Two delicious deliveries for the two set piece goals, and good awareness to slip Matias in for the 4th. Showed quality throughout and his quality at crucial times was the difference between the two sides. Although noticeably less effective defensively without Hutchinson at the side of him. Concerning how Blackburn dominated the midfield at times.  

Reach - 6 - Seem to write the same thing every week. Sees a lot of the ball, but seems to flatter to deceive far too often. Does seem to be forming a good partnership with Iorfa down the right flank however.

Aarons - 6 - Struggled to make an impact, but the odd glimpse of quality at times. 

Winnall - 5 - Struggled. Looked off the pace. His touch was poor. 

Fletcher - 7 - Another goal, and up until his injury, showed quality throughout to link the play and hold up the ball. 

Pelupessy - 6 - No doubt he works hard, and covers ground. But all seems to be in vain. Never seemed to have control of the game in the midfield area yesterday. Blackburn's 1st goal a direct result of Blackburn's midfielder running off the back of Pelupessy. 

Matias - 6 - Fairly quiet, with a few bits of quality. Got his goal, although fairly fortunate. Perhaps at fault for Blackburn's 2nd goal. Didn't track the full back Bennett's run. 

Nuhiu - 7 - Another fine cameo display. Took his goal well, showed great strength, skill and composure in the lead up to our 4th goal. 

Overall... funny old game. We've played much better in other games, and not got 3 points. Blackburn will be wondering how they've lost the game 4-2. For large parts, they caused us problems. However, we created three or four high value chances yesterday, and the quality we possess was ultimately the difference. 

I'm concerned about the injuries. Yesterday's victory could come at a huge cost. Hutchinson, at present, is irreplaceable. Pelupessy isn't up to it, and we'd be facing an uphill battle if Hutchinson is missing for any games during the run-in. Same goes for Fletcher...he's on fire, playing with confidence and is a real threat. Winnall clearly miles off, and so we're reliant upon Nuhiu. Fortunately, we've got a fortnight to recover, and hopefully get the two of them patched up and ready for Stoke. 

Really good resume.... and I know it's not popular to criticise players on here but agree totally on Joey. The way that he allowed his player to simply drift away from him for their first was ridiculous. Absolutely pivotal position... as you say, he's a trier but we need so much better.

2 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Westwood - 7 - Really smart save to deny Dack in the 1st half, and did his job in difficult conditions. At no fault for either goal.

Iorfa - 8 - Another performance which will make him a Cult Hero at Hillsborough. Brilliant overlap and ball across for the 1st goal, and in the right place at the right time for his goal. Did alright defensively, up against a very good player in Rothwell. 

Lees - 7 - On the whole a decent display, but his indecision had an impact on Blackburn's 2nd. Should've tackled Dack when he had the chance, hesitated and allowed Dack to slip Bennett in. 

Hector - 8 - Another classy display from Big'Ec. Calm and composed, and produced some good blocks/tackles to deny some potential goalscoring opportunities. Should've scored however. 

Palmer - 7 - Another steady display. Exuding confidence defensively. 

Hutchinson - N/A - Real blow if this hamstring injury keeps him out. Without him, I don't think we've got enough.

Bannan - 8 - Man of the Match - Two delicious deliveries for the two set piece goals, and good awareness to slip Matias in for the 4th. Showed quality throughout and his quality at crucial times was the difference between the two sides. Although noticeably less effective defensively without Hutchinson at the side of him. Concerning how Blackburn dominated the midfield at times.  

Reach - 6 - Seem to write the same thing every week. Sees a lot of the ball, but seems to flatter to deceive far too often. Does seem to be forming a good partnership with Iorfa down the right flank however.

Aarons - 6 - Struggled to make an impact, but the odd glimpse of quality at times. 

Winnall - 5 - Struggled. Looked off the pace. His touch was poor. 

Fletcher - 7 - Another goal, and up until his injury, showed quality throughout to link the play and hold up the ball. 

Pelupessy - 6 - No doubt he works hard, and covers ground. But all seems to be in vain. Never seemed to have control of the game in the midfield area yesterday. Blackburn's 1st goal a direct result of Blackburn's midfielder running off the back of Pelupessy. 

Matias - 6 - Fairly quiet, with a few bits of quality. Got his goal, although fairly fortunate. Perhaps at fault for Blackburn's 2nd goal. Didn't track the full back Bennett's run. 

Nuhiu - 7 - Another fine cameo display. Took his goal well, showed great strength, skill and composure in the lead up to our 4th goal. 

Overall... funny old game. We've played much better in other games, and not got 3 points. Blackburn will be wondering how they've lost the game 4-2. For large parts, they caused us problems. However, we created three or four high value chances yesterday, and the quality we possess was ultimately the difference. 

I'm concerned about the injuries. Yesterday's victory could come at a huge cost. Hutchinson, at present, is irreplaceable. Pelupessy isn't up to it, and we'd be facing an uphill battle if Hutchinson is missing for any games during the run-in. Same goes for Fletcher...he's on fire, playing with confidence and is a real threat. Winnall clearly miles off, and so we're reliant upon Nuhiu. Fortunately, we've got a fortnight to recover, and hopefully get the two of them patched up and ready for Stoke. 

Great summary.

21 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Westwood 7 

Palmer 8 

Lees 7 Love his sliding tackle when he got booked.

Hector 7 

Iorfa 8 

Aarons 7

Bannan 9 

Hutch na

Reach 7 

Winnall 7.

Fletcher 8

Pelupessy 5  Just doesn't do enough.

Matias 7 Pleased for him.

Nuhiu 9 

Need to see it again, but who the F*ck let the runner go on their first goal? Once I watch the highlights I'll be deducting 2 points from whoever that was.

Was Joey. You can see Westwood tearing him a new one afterwards as well 

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Was Joey. You can see Westwood tearing him a new one afterwards as well 

Run about to much for me Joey. must have been taking some of Matias "must impress the boss" pills. 

We're winning just sit in front of the back four. Why try to charge down every ball.

Let his man go as he was coming back into position from previously charging over the half way line closing down.

8 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Run about to much for me Joey. must have been taking some of Matias "must impress the boss" pills. 

We're winning just sit in front of the back four. Why try to charge down every ball.

Let his man go as he was coming back into position from previously charging over the half way line closing down.

He’s unable to set the tempo Hutch does, simply not good enough and Bruce will know this 

Edited by FreshOwl

I've been critical of Bannan as of late ..

But he you have to give it to him for his contribution with his assists. Could have been 3.

Palmer close second who actually looks a decent player at left back as well! If not better than on the right!

Don't think Pessy had as bad a game as some people make out. I mean 4, come on, that means he had a stinker. Think the weakest player was probably Reach .. another flattered to deceive game .. sometimes just doesn't offer much more than a 6 performance. Bloody fairy at time as well in the tackle!

Midfield without Hutch is concerning though. We have no shape of discipline in front of the back 4. Need another like him

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

I've been critical of Bannan as of late ..

But he you have to give it to him for his contribution with his assists. Could have been 3.

Palmer close second who actually looks a decent player at left back as well! If not better than on the right!

Don't think Pessy had as bad a game as some people make out. I mean 4, come on, that means he had a stinker. Think the weakest player was probably Reach .. another flattered to deceive game .. sometimes just doesn't offer much more than a 6 performance. Bloody fairy at time as well in the tackle!

Midfield without Hutch is concerning though. We have no shape of discipline in front of the back 4. Need another like him

First half Reach was better. done some good work on the right hand side.

I think he is a victim of his own success in a way. We expect him to deliver all the time and when he don't we get on his back about stuff like missing 50/50 tackles.

No way did he have a worse game then Matias. Who bar the luckiest goal of the season hardly touched the ball. Yet some people's ratings say otherwise.

Pelupessy is the opposite he is a victim of his failures and all it will take is one miss placed pass in a game to get him given a 4 rating and get told he is never a footballer at this level.

Bannan for me,thought he had a big game for us,Palmer played out of his skin again on his wrong side and Fletcher worked tirelessly once more,big Adthe showed us a glimpse of his last seasons form with a strong performance.

Blackburn were always in the game even at 2-0,thought they played really well at times but defensively they were slack at deadballs,Rothwell really stood out for them.