Domanic Iorfa

1 hour ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I've got an Ipswich supporting mate at the office who laughed when we signed him. Dominic Iawful he called him. Well that's fine by me; call him what you want but he's doing a reyt job for us.

1 hour ago, kristmace said:

As if they wouldn't want him back!! Midtable with him last season, now bottom.

Yep, Ipswich's defending has clearly come on leaps and bounds since he left! Like dirtyleeds fans thanking us for taking Tom Lees.

13 minutes ago, ash60s said:

Haven't read whole thread (too excited for all details) slight smirk

Is Iorfa our new Viv Anderson?

Just a thought

Read the thread ya lazy thing, Viv was sound though.  

And get some kip Radio head, just been whatsapping your Ged.

17 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I posted this in the matchday thread, but it bears repeating...

In his brief time at the club, Iorfa has contributed more goals or assists than Palmer has since the start of the 14/15 season.

Incredible

Being an ok defensive side back (#ProEvoLanguage) doesn't cut it any more at this level, you need to be a threat going forward as well. We've been crying out for attacking right and left backs since Carlos came to the club, and since Hunt left we've had none.

Iorfa and Reach were always dangerous yesterday.

Edited by Owls2k

18 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I posted this in the matchday thread, but it bears repeating...

In his brief time at the club, Iorfa has contributed more goals or assists than Palmer has since the start of the 14/15 season.

18 hours ago, Minton said:

I've made this point a lot over the last few weeks and got a lot of stick for it. He's twice the RB palmer is (so far)

Let’s not make it a criticism of Palmer (who arguably is our player of the season and definitely is the player that has responded best to Steve Bruce’s tactics), it’s really a thread about the phenomenon that is Dominic Iorfa who is fast becoming an irresistible force and an absolute bargain at £200k. 

But yet everyone still believes in the myth that only the teams with buckets of cash stand a chance of success. 

A crap manager spending 60m on crap players will result in a crap team.

A good manager spending 200k on good players will be....good.

13 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Let’s not make it a criticism of Palmer (who arguably is our player of the season and definitely is the player that has responded best to Steve Bruce’s tactics), it’s really a thread about the phenomenon that is Dominic Iorfa who is fast becoming an irresistible force and an absolute bargain at £200k. 

It wasn't a criticism of Palmer. See my follow-up post below:

18 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm not sure I'd go that far, but he's certainly a very different rightback to Palmer.

Palmer offers a lot to the team defensively and is a solid Championship fullback - there'll be plenty of game where that's exactly what we need.

It doesn't have to be one or the other, as we saw today.

I was just using the comparison to point out how ridiculously effective Iorfa has been so far as an attacking threat, which is something we've missed at fullback for a while now.

14 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It wasn't a criticism of Palmer. See my follow-up post below:

I was just using the comparison to point out how ridiculously effective Iorfa has been so far as an attacking threat, which is something we've missed at fullback for a while now.

My apologies. Palmer takes such a beating at times it’s hard to see valid comment from unwarranted criticism. 

17 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Blackburn commentators kept saying how awul he was, and how our defence is average

lol

Terrible defence we've got compared to theirs?????? Next they will be saying Fletcher can't score goals.