Hutchinson

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

How many good chances did they have in those games though?

And how many good saves did Westwood have to make in those games to keep them down to 1?

Compared today with 3 good chances, 2 goals and 1 save.

You tell me how many top class saves he made against Utd and how many great chances they had - the most in-form side in the division.........

Swansea's only chances came after we had sewn the game up and Matias did a poor job defensively and I don't think Wwestwood was peppered with shots against an in-form Brentford team.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

A midfield pair that has seen us go on a run of 1 defeat in about 17 in the league and currently the longest unbeaten run in the division.

Bannan contributed far more telling tackles than Joey did today, despite apparently not being in the right position so Joey had to cover for him. How many times did you see Pelupessy win an important tackle or play a successful pass forward? No indication at all he would be an effective box-to-box player.

Bruce is a decent manager and he believes our best set up is one which does not include Pelupessy starting games. 

Of course. Our best set up involves Hutchinson which I have stated before you numpty lol when fit that should be our starters which it will be until we sign better or they leave. But we all know Hutchinson won't be fit for every game.

Think Bannan made one good tackle in the 2nd near the box it may have been 2 in the same sequence. P made plenty at the half way line including a few key interceptions. 

The was no indication that Lee would be a good one in 2012 either tbf.

Pelupessy has something to offer us and gets the fox treatment just becuase he had a few poor games under a poor manager.

You tell me how many top class saves he made against Utd and how many great chances they had - the most in-form side in the division.........

Swansea's only chances came after we had sewn the game up and Matias did a poor job defensively and I don't think Wwestwood was peppered with shots against an in-form Brentford team.

But how many chances did we concede in that match? Westwood had to make a good save from madine after 5 mins and was called upon more in that game than today.

You may be misremembering the Brentford game. Or I may be. He had a bit of work to do in that game.

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Of course. Our best set up involves Hutchinson which I have stated before you numpty lol when fit that should be our starters which it will be until we sign better or they leave. But we all know Hutchinson won't be fit for every game.

Think Bannan made one good tackle in the 2nd near the box it may have been 2 in the same sequence. P made plenty at the half way line including a few key interceptions. 

Pelupessy has something to offer us and gets the fox treatment just becuase he had a few poor games under a poor manager.

There was plenty of indication that Lee would make a good midfielder, moved into the role quickly understands where to be effective on the pitch and can pass and move. 

I am the numpty yet you have made a comparison of Pelupessy with Kieran Lee. 

Pelupessy has had plenty of below average games for us and very few good ones. He still doesn't get picked by the good manager that we now have and in one of the few games he did start under Bruce he got pulled at half-time and the manager made a point of saying how poor we were in midfield that evening.

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

But how many chances did we concede in that match? Westwood had to make a good save from madine after 5 mins and was called upon more in that game than today.

You may be misremembering the Brentford game. Or I may be. He had a bit of work to do in that game.

Called upon more in the Utd game? Go on then, tell me about all the scoring opportunities he denied them are all the near misses they had.

There was plenty of indication that Lee would make a good midfielder, moved into the role quickly understands where to be effective on the pitch and can pass and move. 

I am the numpty yet you have made a comparison of Pelupessy with Kieran Lee. 

Pelupessy has had plenty of below average games for us and very few good ones. He still doesn't get picked by the good manager that we now have and in one of the few games he did start under Bruce he got pulled at half-time and the manager made a point of saying how poor we were in midfield that evening.

How is that a comparison? You're just making things up now.

He did. Like I say he has a job to do for us. Not sure how you aren't seeing that, or can't see that he had a role with us either.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Pelupessy put plenty of effort in but he was often in the wrong place when needed. Blackburn cut us open far too easily at times, got through the middle multiple times. Pelupessy has to take a large share of responsibility for that as it hasn't been happening against better teams when he hasn't been playing. 

Pelupessy has to take most responsibility because we haven't been cut open when he hasn't been playing.

What ridiculous logic. Logic which would suggest Pelupessy is to thank for our first four goal match of the season. After all, it hadn't happened when he wasn't playing.

Called upon more in the Utd game? Go on then, tell me about all the scoring opportunities he denied them are all the near misses they had.

Madine.

Sharp when he kicked him.

Driven from deep from Norwood.

Header with a few to go by a defender can't remember who.

Off top of my head.

More than today anyway.

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

How is that a comparison? You're just making things up now.

He did. Like I say he has a job to do for us. Not sure how you aren't seeing that, or can't see that he had a role with us either.

The highlighted bit below is a comparison - you have compared (wrongly) how Kieran Lee apparently didn't look like he would make a good midfielder for us in 2012 in suggesting that Pelupessy could yet turn into a good midfielder!

Sorry no, I can't you him having a productive role for us and nor can Bruce and if the opportunity arises Bruce will happily let him go this summer. 

8 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

4 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Pelupessy has to

most responsibility because we haven't been cut open when he hasn't been playing.

What ridiculous logic. Logic which would suggest Pelupessy is to thank for our first four goal match of the season. After all, it hadn't happened when he wasn't playing.

OK, if we are without Hutchinson for any length of time following the international break i would wager that unfortunately our form will take a dip due to our weaker midfield. I take it you went to the game today.

6 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Madine.

Sharp when he kicked him.

Driven from deep from Norwood.

Header with a few to go by a defender can't remember who.

Off top of my head.

More than today anyway.

Blackburn had far more chances than that. Sharp's wasn't even a chance as it was a poor pass back from Lees but he never even got to the ball! A Norwood effort from deep?????? Was it even on target?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47352786

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Blackburn had far more chances than that. Sharp's wasn't even a chance as it was a poor pass back from Lees but he never even got to the ball! A Norwood effort from deep?????? Was it even on target?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47352786

Had Westwood not got there he would have though. Still counts as a save.

Westwood save it so he thought it was going in.

Looked it from kop but may have been going just wide.

12 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The highlighted bit below is a comparison - you have compared (wrongly) how Kieran Lee apparently didn't look like he would make a good midfielder for us in 2012 in suggesting that Pelupessy could yet turn into a good midfielder!

Sorry no, I can't you him having a productive role for us and nor can Bruce and if the opportunity arises Bruce will happily let him go this summer. 

It's not a comparison.

I think he could cover his role though. Maybe he could get tips.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Had Westwood not got there he would have though. Still counts as a save.

Westwood save it so he thought it was going in.

Looked it from kop but may have been going just wide.

It wasn't a save, he collected a loose ball, there was never a shot!

This was your opinion of the Utd game previously:

We edged it in every area. We dominated the midfield for 60 mins, their attackers didn't get a sniff and we created the games best chance.

The only area we didn't dominate in was the final ball but they were poor there too.

Funny how you are now suggesting they had plenty of chances to suit your point of view........

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

OK, if we are without Hutchinson for any length of time following the international break i would wager that unfortunately our form will take a dip due to our weaker midfield. I take it you went to the game today.

I did yes. 

Pleased to see that you accept that your reasoning to castigate Pelupessy is without merit.

I blame Iorfa as much as Pelupessy for the goals. But as he isn't a scape goat yet, I'm probably alone in that opinion. Defensively, I thought he had a shocker. But a goal and an assist balances it out.

Pelupessy overall, meh. 

2 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Princes Hooper and Lee may well argue  that Sam is behind them as well in the pecking order not just Abdi .Hutchinson has been outstanding of late and we need him if we are to do the near impossible and make the playoffs. Still loads to do in my opinion but we are the form team after the porcine ones in this league now. 

Hey  don't rule out VanAbdi, sorry VanAkren... His appearance record since he's been here has been similar to abdi. 

12 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

I did yes. 

Pleased to see that you accept that your reasoning to castigate Pelupessy is without merit.

I blame Iorfa as much as Pelupessy for the goals. But as he isn't a scape goat yet, I'm probably alone in that opinion. Defensively, I thought he had a shocker. But a goal and an assist balances it out.

Pelupessy overall, meh. 

Sorry for putting the line about whether you went to the game, no need for me to be all high and mighty in that regard and a bit embarrassed I put it to be honest.

Which sums him up. I never said he was awful today, but he offers nothing going forward and not enough without the ball. The majority agree with this. Some scapegoat him and slag him off indiscriminately, for which there is no need, but the general view is that he tries his best but isn't good enough.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Which sums him up. I never said he was awful today, but he offers nothing going forward and not enough without the ball. The majority agree with this. Some scapegoat him and slag him off indiscriminately, for which there is no need, but the general view is that he tries his best but isn't good enough.

I'll take your word for it, cba to back read all your posts, but you did blame him for the two goals which I think is unjustified.