Ps4 monthly games

4 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

It looks like What Remains of Edith Finch and Overcooked.

Correct.

8 hours ago, Wath-owl said:

Always wanted to play Edith Finch. Quite happy with that.

It is excellent. No denying that its a walking simulator, but the stories about all the members of the family are really good. 

For the best impact I’d recommend playing it when you have the time to do it all in one go. It’s only 2-3 hours long. 

On 02/05/2019 at 06:49, Chris_B_SWFC said:

It is excellent. No denying that its a walking simulator, but the stories about all the members of the family are really good. 

For the best impact I’d recommend playing it when you have the time to do it all in one go. It’s only 2-3 hours long. 

Played through this at the weekend in one sitting.

It's a little gem of a game isn't it. I was completely immersed in the world and story and characters for the entire time. Great tight narrative which is perfectly paced. Also some neat and interesting 'gameplay sections' that I wasn't really expecting. Loved it!

I don't really see 'walking simulator' as an insult to be honest. I always tend to enjoy slow paced exploration games like this. Finishing it promted me to buy Firewatch and Everybody's Gone To The Rapture last night. Both are games that I always liked the look of, and both were only 4 quid on sale so happy days.

2 hours ago, Wath-owl said:

It's a little gem of a game isn't it. I was completely immersed in the world and story and characters for the entire time. Great tight narrative which is perfectly paced. Also some neat and interesting 'gameplay sections' that I wasn't really expecting. Loved it!

I don't really see 'walking simulator' as an insult to be honest. I always tend to enjoy slow paced exploration games like this. Finishing it promted me to buy Firewatch and Everybody's Gone To The Rapture last night. Both are games that I always liked the look of, and both were only 4 quid on sale so happy days.

Wow you’re in for a treat there. 

I didn’t rate Rapture stupidly high overall, I thought the movement speed was just too frustratingly slow and took away from it a little. The story is good though and it’s the best representation of an English village I’ve ever seen in a video game. The hilly little roads with tiny houses and corner shops, just great. It’d be lost on anyone but us. 

But with Firewatch, mate. You’re going to be totally hooked inside the first five minutes. One of the hardest hitting openings in any game I’ve played, and one of my games of all time. I loved it. 

You’re right. “Walking Simulator” isn’t an insult at all. I really enjoy them. 

Gone Home and Virginia are both incredible too.

59 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Wow you’re in for a treat there. 

I didn’t rate Rapture stupidly high overall, I thought the movement speed was just too frustratingly slow and took away from it a little. The story is good though and it’s the best representation of an English village I’ve ever seen in a video game. The hilly little roads with tiny houses and corner shops, just great. It’d be lost on anyone but us. 

But with Firewatch, mate. You’re going to be totally hooked inside the first five minutes. One of the hardest hitting openings in any game I’ve played, and one of my games of all time. I loved it. 

You’re right. “Walking Simulator” isn’t an insult at all. I really enjoy them. 

Gone Home and Virginia are both incredible too.

Rapture was just too slow for my liking so I didn't get into it fully, despite loving the setting. Firewatch was brilliant throughout though.

Have you played Life is Strange? That was an incredible experience. Not played the sequel yet, but the first one is up there as one of the best story games of the generation.

5 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

Rapture was just too slow for my liking so I didn't get into it fully, despite loving the setting. Firewatch was brilliant throughout though.

Have you played Life is Strange? That was an incredible experience. Not played the sequel yet, but the first one is up there as one of the best story games of the generation.

Yeah I have. There were a few too many cringe moments from the script for my liking, but overall I really enjoyed it. Some excellent twists in the story.

Watched the other half play some of the Before the Storm prequel but she said it was nowhere near as good. 

I’m waiting until the entire season is out before I play the second one, as I did with the first. Seems to be taking forever though.

9 hours ago, Wath-owl said:

5 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

Seriously though, check out Virginia. It’s £2.49 right now which is just an absolute steal even though it’s only about two hours long. 

Really artistic first person waking sim, it’s got a big X-Files/Twin Peaks feel to it. Tells a great story without one word of spoken dialogue. The scenes randomly cut around like a movie too, so for example you’ll be walking down a corridor and then all of a sudden you’re in the car. Really unique experience. 

I thought Rapture was alright once I got used to the slow pace, but I think I played it for about 3 hours in one sitting and when I wanted to switch it off there seemed to be no options to save the game - and when I reloaded the autosave it set me back about 90 minutes, I wasn't going to go through all that again so I never played it again.

just received an email about next months games

pixel.gif?r=9e851f8b62ed3f0faf7f5bd8428bopen.aspx?ffcb10-fec017767367037b-fecd16

New Fortnite PS Plus pack | View online PS_app_en_GB.png

scee-border-left-50x1.gif
PlayStation

£40.98

WORTH OF GAMES FOR YOU

Download your monthly games from 2 July*

PLNLR-X-000001_topelectric-1_640.jpg
PLNLR-X-000000_topelectric-2_640.jpg
PLNLR-B-290619-PES_D_1561379644910
PLNLR-X-000000_topelectric-3_640.jpg
PLNLR-X-000000_topelectric-4_640.jpg
PLNLR-B-290619-Horizon_D_1561379644449
PLNLR-X-000000_topelectric-5_640.jpg
PLNLR-X-000000_topelectric-6_640.jpg
PLNLR-X-000000_topelectric-7_640.jpg
  Score a winner this month in Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 and get on the starting grid in retro revival racer Horizon Chase Turbo. Play both games with your friends offline and online too.  

Your last chance to grab June's monthly games 

Add them to your library before 2 July

PLNLR-B-290619-BL.jpg

PLNLR-B-290619-Sonic.jpg

Download now   

PLNLR-B-290619-Fortnite_en_GB.jpg

New Fortnite PS Plus pack 

Grab an Epic Coaxial Blue Glider, a Rare Blue Fusion Contrail and a loading screen to represent your Victory Royale in style with the new PlayStation®Plus Celebration Pack. 

Claim yours    

Crash Team Racing™ Nitro-fueled 

Crash is back in the driver's seat! Get ready to race online with your friends with PlayStation Plus. 

Start your engines    

PLNLR-B-290619-CTR.jpg
PLNLR-B-290619-Phantom.jpg

Operation Phantom Sight 

Play as two new Operators and explore the reworked Kafe map in the next season of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. 

Find out more    

scee-border-right-50x1.gif
scee-spacer-1x1.gif

playstation.com

©2019 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited.

*Based on the combined values of the games on PlayStation Store on 10th May 2019.

All content, games titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. More info.

Please note that this is an automated e-mail, so replies to this email address cannot be responded to. 

© Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 03277793. Registered office: 10 Great Marlborough Street, London, W1F 7LP, United Kingdom.

scee-spacer-1x1.gif

This is the first year since the mid 90’s that I didn’t buy either PES or FIFA, but had an itch for a football game lately so chuffed with that.

For free I hope people at least give PES a shot. The gameplay has been consistently really good for years, and it’s dead easy to add option files to amend the kits.

Would probably have been quite pleased with that, had I not been playing PES 19 on Game Pass recently. So that's about six months in a row now when I've not been tempted enough by the free games to renew my PS+.

I didn't buy FIFA this year for the first time since the pre-XB360 days after the last two were awful. I've dabbled with the odd PES on this and the last generation but always found it sub-par compared to the PS2 glory days. 19 is OK, gameplay is marginally better than FIFA, but it's still lacking. The made up kits and team names are annoying (I know that can be easily fixed with a download on PS4) and that MyTeam is bloody awful compared to Ultimate Team. I've wanted to like it, but I've got a load of top players that I can't even put in my squad because you can't have a good team unless you splash out on a top manager first, which you can only do with the gold coin things. And by the time you realise that, you've already used the coins on building the squad! So other than paying real money for more coins, which can f_ right off, the only way to get more is a slow grind logging in every day to be awarded a handful every few days.

Ive had an itch for a footy game, i dont buy any. (normally wait for fifa on EAAccess)

but only recently discovered you can patch pes to official kits and names etc, so well excited to try that with the PS+ PES.

suppose to be a better game of footy anyway. but no way can i be 'sheffield blue' or whetever it is! totally loses it for me if i have to do that.